Should Second Hand Smoke be considered a Crime?

I hate how inconsiderate avid smokers can be sometimes. We know second hand smoke is even more dangerous us putting a cigarette to our own lips. I didn't quit just to die from the same diseases at an even faster rate. Who here thinks there should be some kind of law for people who can be proven as being the direct cause of a non-smoker's cancer related diseases? I personally feel like you don't care about if I live or die if you smoke around me incessantly.
• Kolkata, India
Smoking is something which should be banned, and before banning smoking the production should be stopped. I have seen the government taking actions and not allowing people to smoke here and there. But they never stop the sell or stop the manufacturing. They will never go to the root of the problem. And as for passive smokers, since they intake the cold smoke so it leaves more impact on their lungs than on the active smoker. So it is somewhat like attempting to murder, hence punishment should be given.
• Kolkata, India
@stacysdeadright Yeah! But the government what they do is they won't even levy band on buying but whenever you will intake it in public they will pose fine on you. Anyways people these days are becoming more and more aware, and perhaps very soon people will realise there mistakes and might stop smoking and we people will boycott these industries.
@prinzcy (5082)
True, I would think it's rude to smoke around non smokers. Especially if the smoke keep goes to the non smokers face.
@owlwings (37882)
• Cambridge, England
While second-hand smoke is dangerous, it's quite untrue to say that it's MORE dangerous than smoking oneself! As you are an ex-smoker yourself, you would not be able to prove that second-hand smoke were directly responsible if you were to develop cancer because you have already put yourself at a greater risk of developing the disease than if you had never smoked. I sometimes wish that I could prove that my first job as a litho printer was directly responsible for causing my cancer. Certainly, the particular kind of cancer I had is more common amongst people in the printing industry but there are, in truth, several carcinogens which are linked to it and it could have been any one of them. There are laws in many countries which restrict smoking in public.
A second-hand smoker is taking five times at risk to have lung carcinoma. The culprit is the smokers who are insensitive to the welfare of others.