Four Panels, Four Years Later!

@Morleyhunt (20692)
Sometimes it is a colour that catches the eye. Thrift shops accasionally have some interesting scraps in their crafting, sewing corner. Four years ago, the aqua colour of these panels caught my eye. The price was right! All four panels for less than $1.00. A few weeks later I took a panel with me when I went shopping to find fabrics that would complement the blocks and create a larger quilt front. A week or two later the center was assembled. The flying geese (triangle pieces) had been made and attached. Then life interrupted. The panel, the fabrics and ideas were folded into a shoebox and placed on the shelf. Another UFO. This week, during my listening marathon I pulled thus project out of hibernation and made it a bit bigger. Now the "flimsy" ( assembled quilt front, waiting to be sandwiched and quilted) is hanging in my closet, patiently waiting in queue to be quilted. Another UFO completed. Does this mean I can start a new project?
I love the finished panel, but I would suggest to rest for a while before starting a new project.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
I've actually finished another project. Yesterday that "flimsy" was finished before 9AM. After lunch I made a bag which I'm hoping to take a few photos of so I can get it up on my .etsy store.
@Morleyhunt You are busy every moment of your day, congratulations!
@Morleyhunt (20692)
@LadyDuck I was listening to an audiobook. I can't just sit and listen...I need to be doing something...but it can't be something that needs a great deal of thought.
@silvermist (20116)
It definitely is very nice.May be you should have a short break.Otherwise the new project may become an unfinished object.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
I seem to be getting some of those UFOs done. I spend some time sorting and tidying my sewing room this afternoon.
It doesn't sound to me like it is 'completed' if it is hanging in your closet. So no, no new projects yet.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
The front is done. The quilting gets done...one at a time...I have two that I'm actively hand quilting...that takes a little more time and my finger needs a break regularly.
@Morleyhunt Okay, you're excused. You can start a new project.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
@JudyEv it's a good thing my question was rhetorical. Imagine if I really needed permission to begin a new project.
@pammooratan (4676)
Ues you can...
@Morleyhunt (20692)
I've already finished another project.
@Morleyhunt Thanks. ..then enjoy.
That is a lovely quilt. A very different and unique set of colours for it, but I love it. Shouldn't you rest a bit on the weekend before diving into the next project?
@Morleyhunt (20692)
The aqua was what caught my eye....the Broncs and beiges really make the aqua pop. Finding the right colours was a lot more challenging than I had expected....now I hav a few quilting jobs to finish before this one gets sandwiched and quilted.
@KristenH (24905)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Congrats Morley! That's beautiful. I think you can start in a new quilt now.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
Thank you. Today was a sort and clean day in my sewing room...it's nice to be able to see what colour the carpet is again.
@KristenH (24905)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Morleyhunt You're welcome. I bet it would be nice.
That looks really good, anyone would be delighted to have a quilt like that.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
Thank you....I'm hoping to finish a few things today...it is supposed to be a day of heavy rain....I'm staying home and inside.
@RubyHawk (29138)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I think it does, Sometime when I've worked on something a long time I can't wait to start something new. By the way, Your works lovely.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
Thank you.
I love the colors
@Morleyhunt (20692)
It was the colours of the printed panels that caught my eye.
Hooray!! That UFO is on its way to done!! Yes, it is time to start a new project.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
I spent a lot of time today catching up on my 150 Canadian Women Quilt. I was almost 6 weeks behind (18 blocks)....now I think I have about 5 more blocks and I'll be all caught up.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
This is beautiful!
@Morleyhunt (20692)
Thank you. Now, on to another project.
That is so nice. Keep making more.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
I'm sure I will make many more. Now that I'm able to use the treadle...I want to work my way up to do free motion quilting on a full sized quilt.
Looks great reminds me of the quilts my great grandma used to make
@Morleyhunt (20692)
My grandmother never made any quilts. My mother did, but I had been quilting for a number of years before she decided to tackle one. I try to make a wide variety....some are more traditional...others are more modern.
• Greece
I've just checked out your store, you are a professional!
@ShifaLk (8391)
It's beautiful. But what's the UFO here???
@Morleyhunt (20692)
UFO stands for UnFinished Object.
@ShifaLk (8391)
@Morleyhunt ohhhh I didn't understand
@Morleyhunt (20692)
@ShifaLk I've explained it a few times. Some missed the explanation.
good price!
@Morleyhunt (20692)
I love finding bargains.. Sometimes I need to avoid anyplace that sells fabric....I need to use some of my stash.
@Morleyhunt i was the same way when i used to knit. i have tons of yarn from those days
@Morleyhunt (20692)
@jillybean1222 I cleared out my yarn about a year ago. I had lots of bits and decided I needed the room for something else....fabric?
@DeborahDiane (23714)
• Laguna Woods, California
Wow! It turned out great. You should be very proud of your sewing project!!
@Morleyhunt (20692)
I was quite pleased with how it looked.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Morleyhunt - You should be pleased. It is lovely!
@Morleyhunt (20692)
@DeborahDiane thank you.
@Lubuto (2261)
• Zambia
Your hands are gifted
@Morleyhunt (20692)
Thank you. Wait until you see the latest project. It should be up the first sunny day.
@Lubuto (2261)
• Zambia
@Morleyhunt Looking forward to it.
@dramagirl26 (3334)
• Ringgold, Virginia
Beautiful quilt! You did an amazin job.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
Thank you. I can't wait to get it quilted. Machine? Or hand quilting? Decisions...decisions....decisions.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Beautiful piece. Hope you will decide to finish it and display your results here.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
I will finish it. I have a full sized quilt pinned at the moment that needs to be quilted first. Yesterday I was working on another UFO. The blocks have been made for quite some time, now I'm assembling them into a flimsy.