Sunshine on Thursday and now on Saturday!

@sallypup (29941)
Moses Lake, Washington
Wow I can live with this break in our Spring cycle. All the miserable hard rain is gone. And its Saturday. Yesterday I baked. I wear a baker's hat as well as a chicken herding hat. I know all the names- Snickerdoodles, lime butter, all those butter and sugar confections. And I have hit the wagon and said no! to sugar and butter. The one-two punch. Wham. You're fat and ill. So when I put on my baker's hat yesterday what to bake? The usual batch of bread that I make each week. And then I played a bit though my back protested. I needed something to go with our lentil stew besides a chunk of lettuce. (Carbs are not my enemy. My weight continues to flow downwards.) So I got out a bottle of olive oil, a hen's egg, flax milk and the flours and worked my way into bread rolls. Tender bread sticks that had a shake of onion powder in. Its a kick for me; a way to get into the sandbox and play. Great for a rainy day, after I'd returned from feeding the hens.
Those bread sticks sound delicious!!!
@sallypup (29941)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 They are. I miss the butter but these will do.
• Preston, England
you clearly have fun with your baking
@sallypup (29941)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@arthurchappell I'm a clutz when it comes to handicrafts like knitting so why not take joy with baking? Good to hear from you.
• Preston, England
@sallypup i'd enjoy being the food-tester after the baking is done lol
@sallypup (29941)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@arthurchappell I'd have tons more fun exploring your world. I have tea pots and lovely porcelain tea cups- consider your self invited to tea time.
@pammooratan (4676)
It seems very delicious. I will also try to make it.
@sishy7 (27592)
Bread sticks are great! Onion flavored too! Yum!
@besweet (7223)
• Greece
I love the onion powder twist in your recipe! I also have more energy on sunny days, and they are finally here!
@sallypup (29941)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@besweet I imagine you living by a romantic ocean side but I suppose not everyone can do that.
@besweet (7223)
• Greece
@sallypup Thanks for the vivid image that you created in my mind. I live in a romantic city by the Mediterranean sea. Actually it can be romantic only for those who can see the beauty of it!
I do love lentils.
@sallypup (29941)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@andriaperry Lentils are so easy to cook and so versatile. Good to hear from you!
You are funny. Love snickerdoodles. I do love something good to go with stew, soup or casseroles. A hearty wheat bread or biscuit is usually it for me.
@sallypup (29941)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle Thanks, I think. I don't eat snickerdoodles, one day at a time.
I envy that, carbs are my enemy