The Wardrobe Challenge

I totally just made this up. But I am excited to do it. I have about 50 shirts in total - blouses and more casual things and being the creature of habit I am, I generally wear the same 6-7 shirts. Which annoys me that I am like that. So my goal for the next month or so is to wear each blouse ONCE and of course if I dont like it, its the perfect opportunity to donate it or sell it if its something nice. I already started this yesterday by wearing a blouse I havent worn yet that I bought at a thrift store a few months back. And what Ive done is washed it, and hung the hanger on my clothes rack backwards. Kind of a weird project and way to get rid of stuff but Im kind of a weird gal. Lol. Do you ever do stuff like this? Whats your limit on how long you will keep a piece of clothing?
That is a nice challenge and by the year ends you would have law and order in your wardrobe and you may even order for more.
Haha exactly. At least I will have to get rid of what I dont actually wear or use!
@hillhjill (4118)
I have clothes that I have had forever because I just love them and they are to comfy to let go.. and I have clothes that have not been worn yet.. so I will finally bag them up and donate them.
As long as you wear them, I think thatsvgreat! I am the same way with some hoodies that Ive had for years and years. I wont let them go!
I have some shirts i have had for years, they don't fit anymore but i keep them anyway.
How come, do you think?
@maezee memories some I wore on a certain day I remember, or someone gave me.... I am to sentimental
@chrissbergstrom Good point. I guess I am like that too. I still have the shirt I did a job interview in 2.5 years ago. Lol!
@mavlana (1037)
It happens with me sometimes. The clothes I love the most are set aside and not thrown.
Yes same here. Do you accumulate lots and lots also?
@mavlana (1037)
@maezee yeah.. Actually, things attract me so much and I buy them immediately.
@mavlana Haha nice. I myself am always attracted by a good deal!
I have kept clothes forever! I need to try wearing some things and getting rid of them if I don't think I like them. First I have to lose a little weight!
Thats also my goal. Because some things have gotten a little too tight. I am sure with nicer weather it will fall off naturally :)
@maezee I tend to weigh less in winter as I am more active. I better do something before the heat of summer
I think girls love to do this. I am so entertained how girls need to decide which clothes need to stay or go.
Haha. Indeed. Glad you find it comical. I love to shop and find good deals!
@maezee It wasn't, my friend.
@rina110383 (23073)
As long as it fits me and still usable, I'll keep it.
What if you just dont like it?
Long as you're having fun, that's all that matters lol. I keep my favorite shirts until the holes in them get big, then they got to go.
Haha. Maybe I am a little particular. I get sick of certain clothes and I have far too many!
• Marion, Kansas
I keep clothing too long. I keep it until it no longer fits, has stains or has holes in it. I should do something like your challenge, it sounds very effective.
Yes. I am mostly the same way! And some nice new tops with no holes have barely been worn once or twice. Go figure!