Did you ever wonder??

@ramapo17 (25229)
Melbourne, Florida
As I spend many hours on MyLot and I see where some people are from, I am amazed. I think this is the greatest thing in the world to be writing to so many people from all over and MyLot is giving us this chance to learn about different cultures. I wish I had this opportunity when I was going to school. geography was one of my worst subjects. What if we all say what country we are from and a little something about our state or town or country. If people do not want to say where they are from they can put a little something about their way of life. Anyone interested in this like I am?
@pammooratan (4678)
This is interesting to talk different people of different countries.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
I totally agree with you. I think that is one of the greatest things on this site. We meet and learn about people from all over the world. I never knew the internet reached so many different countries.
@ramapo17 You said perfect.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
@pammooratan Thank you.
• Peoria, Arizona
It is rather interesting. I love seeing the people who put that information in their profile and such. I am grateful of being young and already meeting so many people from all over of the world. Just by being online. It is awesome.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
I agree 100% with what you are saying. If we had the internet when I was in school I know I would have done much better in geography.
• Peoria, Arizona
@ramapo17 Hahah I understand that. I have been so grateful for the work that I was able to do on the computer while in school. Though I still did many of my projects and research projects through books and the internet.
That's what I really like here in mylot. Philippines here, my friend.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Shavkat I have met so many people from the Philippines. I have gone on a lot of cruises and a lot of the crew that work on the ships are from your land. I have never met anyone from there that I did not like. My husband and I have made many friends from there.
@ramapo17 Thank you for liking my people and country. You can always go back here and discover the other places. I am living in the mountainside of the Philippines. It is well-known the Summer Capital.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Shavkat I am sure it is beautiful. I met a lady on some of my cruises that worked on the cruise ships called Jenny Lim. We sailed with her so many times and loved her and she got off the ship for a vacation and we never heard from her again. We met her on Norwegian Cruise Lines, on the Gem and I hear she is back in the Philippines and will be sailing on the Norwegian Joy which is a new ship that will be sailing next year.
I am from Eastern Canada. Where I am from we are known for the Reversing Falls and the highest tides in the world.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
What does Reverse Falls mean?
@ramapo17 During the high tide and flow of the river reverses direction
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Happy2BeMe That is interesting.
I'm from Western Australia and really enjoy the chance to communicate with myLotters from all over the world.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
Hi @JudyEv I would still like to come over by you and see the wildlife.
@ramapo17 Just let me know when you're coming.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
@JudyEv Okay, I will let you know. I will let everyone know too.
I appreciate when people state in their profile where they are from. It is annoying when someone write "in my country" and there is no way to know which country he/she is talking about. I am Italian, I have lived in Monte-Carlo 27 years and now I live in Switzerland, I already had my mix of cultures.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
@LadyDuck I agree 100% with you. It is good to know where the people are when they write things like you mentioned. I understand that some people do not like to say where they are from.
@ramapo17 We do not ask to specify which city, but at least which country it's a matter of politeness toward the other users.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
@LadyDuck I think so too plus we might have more to write about if we knew.
Right from my childhood I so wanted to have pen friends but did not get many and now I have the whole world here. What more can one ask for.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
You are right. We gave the title of "pen pals" a totally different meaning.
@UncleJoe (10615)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
As much as I would like to, I don't even open a post when their location isn't posted. If they are that paranoid I don't really care to know and interact with them. I prefer straight, honest folks.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
@UncleJoe You are absolutely right. I get very leary when I do not see where they are from. I have been hacked to many times.
@Platespinner (17045)
I am from Canada, I currently live in North Carolina in the USA with my American husband and 4 children. We live within an easy drive of the Appalachian mountains, and if we are willing to spend a few hours more in the car we are within reach of the Atlantic Ocean--we try to take advantage of our proximity to each whenever we can.
@ramapo17 (25229)
• Melbourne, Florida
North Carolina is a beautiful state. I have been there a few times.