Gettin old, know how I know?

screen shot
El Paso, Texas
What makes it so clear to me is missing those old time variety shows. I look for them on Netflix, nadda So I switch to Amazon streamin stuff, nadda I checked out Hulu ...... nadda again. Then I tried YouTube, what a pain in me bum. First the videos suck, then to make it worse the sound sucks. I MISS THOSE OLD TIME VARIETY SHOWS: Hey, have you ever seen the Smothers Brothers? How about Laugh In? Or the Flip Wilson show? And one of my favs, SHA NA NA I tried to find a good video on YouTube but this was the best I could find ..... and no I do not spend hours lookin for stuff like this, so I copied the link of the best one on the first list. What do you think? Do you like Bowzer?
Edited version of the group Sha Na Na's weekly TV show with special guest Little Anthony. 1978
I remember them well
I miss shows like that, ohhhhh wwweeelllllllll
@rebelann today's television just doesn't compare for the most part to older shows.
That's so true @Tampa_girl7 shows in the late 60s through the 70s were so funny, they had real humor. Either I'm way outta touch or these new fangled shows just ain't funny at all.
@ilocosboy (34344)
Keep on lookin, you will see them later on
I will? Where?
@ilocosboy (34344)
@Lupita234 always fine and I'm always happy buddy.
@PainsOnSlate (20079)
I loved Laugh IN
Me too, it was so much fun to watch.
Have never seen any of these shows but i have heard of them, i know there are some compilation dvd's of episodes of Laugh In
Hmmmmm, I'll have to check that out, some of those episodes were hilarious.
@Gillygirl (17270)
• Sutton, England
I haven't heard of any of these shows. They are not as good in the UK anymore. I do like Benidorm which can be found on Netflix. It is a comedy about Brits holidaying in Spain.
I am going to have to look that one up ..... oh darn, I couldn't find it on Netflix, maybe Netflix has a different lineup for different countries.
@Gillygirl (17270)
• Sutton, England
@rebelann I thought the line up was the same. I know some shows are being taken off this week. It could be under British TV shows.
I plan to call them to ask @Gillygirl somehow I get the feeling that the lineup for the USA is different from the lineup for the UK.
@Morleyhunt (19539)
The Carol Burnett Show, the Captain and Tenille.....there were some shows we watched faithfully. Tim Conway and Harvey Corman were so funny.
Yes, those were other shows we'd watch. Too bad we don't have those kinds of shows anymore, they were so fun to watch
@Morleyhunt (19539)
@rebelann I don't watch television anymore. Classic television show on DVD . That's what my nice big flat screen tv is used for.
I don't have access to regular tv or cable @Morleyhunt all I have is Netflix or Amazon or Hulu depending on which one has a show that interests me. I think the last time I had cable was back in the early 1990s when Star Gate SG1 was an active new series, now I have watched that series 4 times on Amazon, Netflix and Hulu depending on who has the license to show it.
• Greece
I do not know any of those names so I guess by your standards I am ancient. I prefer not to dwell on getting old I prefer to try and keep young at heart.
I'm not sure but I believe some of these shows did not air in other countries. Do you remember the Ed Sullivan show?
• Greece
@rebelann I'm from England originally so although I have heard the name I have never seen an Ed Sullivan show.
He had the most wonderful variety show @41CombedaleRoad he always had at least one unusual act from another country which mom really enjoyed. It is amazing what our perceptions of fame are, I had always imagined his show aired everywhere.
@louievill (18100)
I could only remember " laugh in" cause it was shown here in the Philippines and they made a local version, yes we are getting a bit old
Yep, we are. At least we got to see the real funny stuff, todays shows aren't that funny ... at least not to me.
@louievill (18100)
@rebelann even humor is changing
@louievill (18100)
@rebelann Internet is the game changer plus the computers and gadgets
@PatZAnthony (12344)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We like to say 'getting older' which is always a good thing. Having lost many who never made it to see the years we did, we don't mind.
I'm ok with both, I think I'm in my wize years ..... still not sure about that
@PatZAnthony (12344)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@rebelann It is funny how we know as we get older, we really were not as smart in our younger years as we thought we were.
I know @PatZAnthony and how embarrassing when I think back and find I argued with someone only to realize they were right afterall
I've seen them all! Lol!
I miss them, do you?
@rebelann Some I do. I loved The Carol Burnett and Bob Newhart shows. I wish Johnny Carson was still on, too!
I miss Johnny Carson too @DianneN as well as Carol Burnett. I never saw the Bob Newhart show though. Was it also a variety show?
I simply do not have the time to sit through movies or whatever. In fact I have stopped watching serials these days.
Well, to each her own, right?
@rebelann Indeed it is. Have a blast (lol)
I will @allknowing thanks.
I liked all the shows you mentioned except Sha Na Na. Never watched that. Every now and then I use YouTube to listen to some of my favorites.
I worked the night shift back then so I missed a lot of those shows, cable had not yet gotten to my area at the time so there was little to watch after 2am.
@Fishmomma (11523)
Ed Sullivan was amazing. Flip Wilson was so funny. I agree today there are tons of bad words and just seem to be clueless about funny. The Carol Burnett Show is a classic never gets old. Also I have watched every episode of I Love Lucy.
I keep hoping they'll eventually run a few of these old shows for those of us who want to reminisce about the good ole days. I'll bet the kids today wouldn't have a clue about all those big named stars who paved the way for those today.
@UncleJoe (9461)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
The quality of Youtube videos depends on who posted them and how much care they put into getting it into a presentable format. I have watched old programs that were sharp and clear and newer ones with poor sound and graphics.
Very true. The worst part is that it can take hours to find the good ones, I don't spend hours on YouTube.
Yes I watched those shows when I was a kid. I had forgot some of these till you named them off.
I was on YouTube looking up the Smothers Brothers when some of them came up. We sure had a lot of variety shows in the 60s and 70s.
@garymarsh6 (13204)
I have not seen this here in the UK
I'm not surprised, I'm finding out that those older popular programs from the US weren't shown in Europe or the UK and visa versa
Yes I remember those shows. Sha Na Na was a favorite.
I'd love to see reruns of all of them, of course a lot of the true funny people are now watching us from above.