Art Deco

@millie02 (6908)
United Kingdom
Art Deco the worlds greatest art is a book that I brought for my collection from a well known bookshop that was closing down several years ago. All the books were being sold on offer and as I had a birthday coming up I asked my husband to come book shopping with me as a birthday treat. I saw this book on the shelf and my husband brought it for me as a birthday gift. This is one of my favourite antiques reference books because it is so easy to use. It is one of those books that I could spend hours browsing through just looking at the lovely pictures. All through the book there is text on one side with a picture on the page opposite. The book covers all subjects of the Art Deco movement from buildings to collectables. The picture on the front cover (above) is a painting by the famous Art Deco artist Tamara de Lempicka and the painting is called The Sleeping Girl. Art Deco was published by Flame Tree Publishing and was first published in 2005. Flame Tree Publishing have an interesting website where you can buy books, calendars, diaries, ebooks, adult colouring books etc. all with an `arty' theme. This website would be a good place to buy gifts for people who love anything to do with art.
Art deco is my favorite style. I imagine Erte is mentioned in your book.
@millie02 (6908)
I will have to look it up.
There is no 'world's greatest art'. Tastes differ.
@millie02 (6908)
That is so true.
Sounds like an interesting book. I love this type of art too.
@millie02 (6908)
I love looking at the pictures.
@millie02 .....I like them too.
@JustBhem (37513)
• Davao, Philippines
Look like you are a big fan of arts. I will try to check it on the internet about it. Thanks for sharing.
@millie02 (6908)
Hope you find it interesting.
@JustBhem (37513)
• Davao, Philippines
@millie02 I will try. Thanks.
@Ronrybs (7345)
• London, England
I can't tell you what it is, but Art Deco is one of those things I really don't like. It never did anything to me, so I leave alone, very alone!
@millie02 (6908)
You either love it or hate it, a bit like Marmite.
@Ronrybs (7345)
• London, England
@millie02 Marmite good, Art Deco not bad but not my cup of tea
I am a fan of art deco. That book sounds like it will provide a lot of pleasure.
@millie02 (6908)
It does for me.