Do You Want to talk about Scarlett or other roles in Gone With the Wind with me?

The first time that I read this book is in my high school(a long time). And I thought Scarlett was such a selfish woman. She just cares about herself. She got married three times for her own benefit. And I like Melanie the most ,since she was the most kindness woman.She loved Ashley and Scarlet deeply. And , in fact, she always thought about others. No matter who, she always gave her greatest love. Recently, I watched the movie again. I have a new perspective on Scarlett this time. She is brave and obsessive. 1)She saved Melanie in the war, she reestablished Tara. Although she felt afraid sometimes, she just done and done well. No matter how hard the situation ,she always found solutions to solve them. 2)She loved Ashley deeply, although Ashley was just a coward man and she do everything for him.She taking after Melanie when Ashley go to the war and helped him when he back. How lucky is Scarlett. she live for herself despite the others' eyes. Sometimes we just can't do that. Anyway, what do u think of Scarlett ?or something else u wanna way
It has been a lot of years since I have seen gone with the winds. I would have to see it again to really say anything about it.
ok~wait for your discussion
@Morleyhunt (15942)
Scarlett was selfish yes, but she is a complex character. She did what she felt she had to do. She didn't necessarily make the right choice...but she was determined and she dragged everyone else with her....helping them to survive as well.
Yes, she saved Tara, her pa,her sisters and .But she also did something bad.It is quite right to say that she is a rather complex person. So I have a rather different idea about her when I saw the book in different times in my life.
@Morleyhunt (15942)
@Janice2017 it's always interesting how the time of our life and what we are experiencing affects how we see and process books.
@Morleyhunt Yeah,that is amazing lol.
@BarBaraPrz (17242)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I haven't read the book and only ever seen Went With The Wind...
I think it is a book worth reading and a movie worth watching.
@pammooratan (4733)
It seems very interesting. I have heard a lot about this book.
Yes ,I think the book is great.U may have a look at it.
• Denmark
I only remember that I and several classmates read this book at school during lessons hiding it under our desks. We were occupied quite a while what with 960 pages. :-)
Such an interesting memory~BTW,I have the same memory to read the Fairy Tales secretly, not let our teachers know.
I have never read it, but now kind of interested.
U can read the book.and we can talk with it later~
@nomus24g (15995)
No I dont...
So, any interesting to read the book?haha
@prinzcy (5082)
I never read the book, only saw the movies years ago. I can't really remember them anymore. There's not much to say about Scarlett, except I remembered that I don't like her so much. Can't really remember why.
Yeah, when I read the book the first time.I also don't like her.I felt that she was selfish,but now I have different idea about her.