The Railway Viaduct

@millie02 (5654)
United Kingdom
The Railway Viaduct is the story of a perilous adventure for railway detective Inspector Robert Collbeck along with his assistant Sergeant Victor Leeming. This book is part of a series of railway detective books written by Edward Marsden. In this story the detective and his assistant are faced with their most difficult case so far involving their most dangerous adversary . It all begins when a man is hurled from a train carriage and falls into the canal below. The detective then has to find out who the man is , why he was killed and most importantly who the killer was. The victim has no identification on him but the detective thinks that he may have come from abroad. The story takes us to France where there is a new railway being built and the mystery gets more intense . Events take place and soon the detective and his assistant soon suspect that their lives are in danger if they are not careful. The Railway Viaduct was published in 2006 by Allison and Busby Limited. The cover picture came from NRM/Science and Society Picture Library
@Ronrybs (7077)
• London, England
I like detective novels with a historical setting. The title Railway Viaduct, brought to mind a pleasant pub I used to know. The inside I remember, but not where it was!
@millie02 (5654)
Perhaps you could look it up and go back there one day.
@Ronrybs (7077)
• London, England
@millie02 There are a couple of pubs that I can't recall where they are. Last time I went to place after an absense of years, it was wasn't the same and very disappointing
@millie02 (5654)
@Ronrybs Many pubs have closed due to lack of custom.
Sounds like something they'd show on PBS. What a great idea for a detective series. Thanks for sharing.
@millie02 (5654)
That is ok , I enjoy sharing things on MyLot