Internet is dragging today...

Ponce De Leon, Florida
It may be because some clouds and the makings of what could be a nice little storm have started rolling in, but the connection on my phone is now what it usually is. This is only a big deal because my phone is my sole internet provider, sometimes I use the browser on the actual phone- but more often than not I use my phone as a hotspot so that I can be online on my tablet, the desktop or the old phone which is slightly easier to type longer things on. It is taking forever to load anything, and it is even making commenting on other writer's posts a wee bit of a headache. Ah well maybe it will pick back up. It was doing okay this morning.
I hope you not streaming TV or for that as well
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@sharon6345 Nah, i can't afford the top up cards I would need to keep up with that. I just buy DVDS for the time being and use the DVD player, or whatever shows I have purchased and saved to the tablet, my phone or the desktop.
@thislittlepennyearns sounds like Wi-Fi with Benefits you a lot but I do understand
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@sharon6345 There is only one option for interenet out here, and its 400 to sign up with them and then they have crappy restrictions. So I just deal with the fact that I use my phone.
@connierebel (1584)
I've never really noticed a lag on my phone's internet when a storm is coming up, but my home internet slows considerably, and often goes out altogether. I have satellite internet, so it must be that the signal gets blocked by storm clouds.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@connierebel There was only one option here for interent, and it was way too steep. So instead I just siwtched phone carriers and use my cell phone as a hotspot
@thislittlepennyearns That's the best way to do it, if the cell phone plan is really cheaper. We don't have much choice here either; Really the only reason why I got HughesNet was because when Obama first got into office, he had a subsidy for rural internet provider, so I have a cheaper rate than usual. There's no other "high-speed" option in this area that is affordable.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@connierebel Hughes Net is the only one that is really available here. I have heard some horror stories about them, but if it works for you thats good. I am happy with what I have, even if it means that I can't use netflix right now, which is a little sad. but there are worse things.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Something is going on here too. My writing site says my account is "frozen", so I emailed support around 930a. Have not heard back from them yet. They usually respond quickly, particularly since I told them I have a project due soon.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@sherryericha I haven't even been able to log on to any of my other work or writing sites since things have been slow. They are inching along a little bit fast right now, but not much.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
@thislittlepennyearns. That makes me crazy since all my work has deadlines
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@sherryericha Do you mind me asking what writing site you write for?
I use my phone as a hotspot and use my laptop to do everything
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@chrissbergstorm Do you have Verizon? I have only been with them for about a week and there hotspot is amazing!