Diabetes Makes You Learn When to Say No

Garden Grove, California
As a diabetes vindicate I do need to do my part for us all. We all have ti mes wen we must say no to someone who is trying to forrce us to eat something we know will not be good for us. ' Mine came a few years back when a care giver insisted I take this plate of a large pancake swimming in syrup and butter I tried to explain to her I had diabetes and should not e at that. She insisted so I gave in bad idea Two hours later my blood sugar was 525 and I was in an ambulance I arrived at the ER in a coma and I ;;luckily survived but the doctor told me I almost died. Do learn from my experience and do not take chances as you might lose,Life is precious so be careful. One original post and graphic by P Hatley copyrighted 2017
That is great advice. I am so glad that everything work out for you that day.
yes that er doctor scared me and made me t ake really goodcontrol of my diabetes
@Hatley then at least it was a least learned
@Happy2BeMe yesreally learnmed
good for you there@hatley
yes I learned to not let care givers push me into eating wrong foods ever again
I remember you telling us this before. I am so glad I don't have this. I enjoy my food too much.
yes some foods we have to bypass
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Hatley Kraft and other companies make their millions by hawking stuff that can be eaten but really should be be counted as food. Its just play junk that actually makes humans balloon up and get ill down the road.
@sallypup ......Can't stand Kraft. Has an after taste. True enough. I like fast food and would much rather eat that than Kraft. I do know what you are saying but I can't seem to stop with the hamburgers, chinese food, etc.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
How can a caregiver force you to eat? And as a caregiver shouldn't she of been aware of your diabetes?
she got an earful from the ER Doctor and they started giving us the choce of sugar free syrup for us diabetes she was told never to force a person to take a plate specifically if ]the person tells her I am diabetic
@Hatley I'd hope to shout that the caregiver got an earful!
@bluerubymoon53 the owners also got some heat fro that doctor too not to ever tell a resident that he or she has to eat a certaainfood
My grandma and my mother-in-law are diabetics. I think it is not easy for them. They have shots everyday. And they can't have many food and that's not easy. Resisting the delicious food really needs the determination.
I have type 2 that is a lot ea s ier to cohtrol and oral medicatioon keeps me im tight control
@Hatley Here many people have type 2 diabete.
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That caregiver needed a smack. I've been saying no since last June. I am not great at doc visits so I don't know if I have diabetes. I just know that saying no makes me a healthier camper.
yes we should al;l eat the foods on the diabetic diet as its healthily diet for all people
Keep telling it like it is about diabetes, @Hatley If you don't, who else does where you are?
I have not noticed any o ther advocate around here guess they do not like do ing this for free but I do
• Pamplona, Spain
Very high blood sugar hats but you lived because you are made of tough stuff and strong. Even so I am careful to eat properly. They try to get me to eat greasy things and I have never been able to tolerate them ever. Doctor says there is nothing wrong with me except that my system is smart and says no to that kind of stuff. Glad you had that Doctor that day to help you out and survive. I know it can be very serious. A girl on a program through stress shot her blood sugar to 700 and something but she did not know that she was Diabetic. She survived too and takes it easy not like she did before.
I started to get rid ov oily greasy foods when nty friend got her cholesterol count really high and hence I have never had to take any meds to control cholesterol as mine i s normal lol
• Pamplona, Spain
@Hatley Mine is good too. Don´t get me wrong I am the first one to love the smell of all that kind of Food cooking but after comes the should not have done. I was really ill one day and when they told me what they had put in all of that it made me much worse. I don´t know how they manage to eat some things but they do.
@lovinangelsinstead21 yesI have wondered tghat too