What do you call this?

Bunbury, Australia
The photo shows our trailer. I understand our caravan would be called a trailer in the US (not sure about Canada) so what would my American friends call our 'trailer' seen in the photo? Shortly we'll be heading Denmark, Western Australia in our car and towing our caravan. We will meet with five couples at the caravan park and stay there for three nights. The men will play golf each day and the ladies will perhaps shop but definitely have coffee and cake in some of the delightful little cafes in the town. The weather is cooler now and it might even rain. On Saturday night Vin and I are staying in Bridgetown and attending a dramatic comedy or a comedic drama – one or the another. We'll travel home on Sunday. So I won't be myLotting while we're away as we won't have internet access. I wonder how many notifications I'll have when I get back? Take care and keep myLotting.
• Olney, Illinois
This is a trailer. Your 'caravan' would be a camper here.
Its actually a brand name too, am I right?
• Olney, Illinois
@andriaperry I don't believe the word 'trailer' by itself is. Unless you mean Caravan, that's a Dodge van model I think.
Thanks for that. No wonder myLotters get a bit confused from time to time.
@UncleJoe (9217)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
A trailer is any vehicle pulled behind another in the USA. Your caravan is usually referred to as a "camper" if it's towed and a Recreational Vehicles (RV) if self propelled.
• Olney, Illinois
Yes, as in it 'trails' behind the vehicle towing it.
@JolietJake @UncleJoe RV is becoming a common term here too and another word for 'motor-home'; we also have SUVs (sports utility vehicles). Not sure why they are called that. I thought they were 4 wheel-drive but apparently not.
@JudyEv I don't know how they make the new SUVs, but I think when they were originally made, they were all 4 wheel drive.
Have fun when you do go. I was hearing abut Debbie the Typhoon - it is far away from you I suppose.
Enjoy your time away. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Safe travels my friend.
We're back now and all went well thanks.
@JudyEv good to hear
Hope you both have a nice trip.
Thanks. We did. It was our first trip with our new (but second-hand) car and caravan. All went well so that was a relief.
• Marion, Kansas
That is a trailer. Might refer to it as a utility trailer. In the background I see semi tractor trailers. All of them trail. Your caravan is a camper trailer.
• San Jose, California
I should have read all of the comments first... you pretty much said everything I did!
Our terms aren't too much different really but we have semi-trailers, never tractor trailers.
@PatZAnthony (11971)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We would call it a garden trailer.
@PatZAnthony @LoriAMoore Thanks for the info. Sorry about 'lumping' you in together but there are only so many original comments to be made about trailers.
I don't own anything like this but I looked up trailer and it showed items that look like your's so even the internet agrees it's a trailer, I wonder what you'd get if you searched for trailer, it's bound to be different in Australia.
It's a trailer in Australia but for some reason I thought in the US a camper was called a trailer. No wonder we all get confused sometimes!
You are right though @JudyEv some people call both mobile homes and campers trailers, I own a mobile home so I try not to use the word trailer.
Have a good time while you're away
Thanks. We had a very enjoyable time.
• Eugene, Oregon
Thousands! I will suggest all you have written. A caravan would be called a trailer or maybe a camper here. Have a great trip and lots of fun. I want to hear about that play.
@vickyrose (1976)
• Canberra, Australia
Wow, that will be a very good adventure. I wish you the best of weathers. Take care and have a lot of fun, Judy.
We had lovely weather thanks. Today is warm again too and the nice weather is supposed to continue for the rest of the week.
@garymarsh6 (12738)
I like the sound of coffee and cake and some more but not the shopping. Have a great time there! Be safe and enjoy!
We had three dogs tagging along so the shopping got missed! But we still managed coffee and cake.
Here in Canada we refer to this as a trailer, a utility trailer. Your caravan we call either a trailer or a camper. Your caravan parks that you refer to we either call campgrounds or trailer parks, usually campgrounds also have sites that you can set up tents on and are not always serviced by hydro-for those who like to rough it! Funny how we are so different and yet so much alike isn't it?
It is. So many differences. Our parks vary greatly. Most would have sites for tents. The bigger ones have powered and unpowered sites, ablution blocks, laundries and camp kitchens. All would have water available. They vary in how nice they are.
It's a trailer. Have a fun time on your "safari."
Thanks. We had a relaxing time. I even managed to finish a book.
I heard you mentioning Denmark in some other post. Is there a Denmark in Australia too?
Yes, there is a seaside town called Denmark on the south coast of West Australia.
I hope you will enjoy the trip and find time to relax. I will be out of town tomorrow. I need to visit my granny who got an accident a few days back.
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. Is she okay now?
@JudyEv It is nice to hear from you. My granny is in good shape, I had checked her physically and nothing that serious. She just needs to have extra careful.
@Shavkat Falling becomes easier as we get older doesn't it? I'm glad she is okay.
@MandaLee (3694)
This is a trailer. Have a wonderful time!
Thanks. We had a great time and the weather was really nice too.
Well, here's one more notification for you to deal with. Enjoy your trip, and I'd call that a trailer too.
Thanks Janet! @AbbyGreenhill @Morleyhunt Thanks all - for your replies. It's hard to have original replies to these sorts of comments so I'm doing some grouping!
I hope things were not worst after the typhoon you experience there. and that is way small for the soil to fit in, unless that's all it.
That's a nice adventure.
We had an enjoyable time thanks.