Already Been Solicited!

I've just been a member here for a few hours and already I was solicited by someone who continued to do so even though I expressed that I was happily engaged and that friendship must be respectful of that fact. He still insisted in private communications and lovin.... whatever that was suppose to mean. Made me really uncomfortable so I had to block him. I hate that. I love making friends but don't want to feel disrespected.
oh thats awful you must been embarrassed too
HI Patsie, I actually was not embarrassed. More frustrated that he did not respect the fact I told him I was not interested because I already had someone I love very much. His behavior was not a reflection me but on him. :-)
@MistyckMoon yes I real ized that at once just thought it odd that he would use mylot as a datimg service never any reflection on you I di d not mean to infer that
@Hatley It's ok Patsie :-) We all know that there are always one or two who will try no matter what social website you go to. LOL!
@Mike197602 (13911)
I'd probably tell admin as we need to get rid of that sort of member asap.
Thanks Mike, He may not be like that with everyone and because I am much more sensitive to certain things, blocking him to allow myself to feel safe is the best thing I could do. I'm not trying to get anyone kicked out.
@TheSojourner (17304)
You can report this also to admin. It's probably not a regular here. But it's also somebody that if they're doing that to you they're doing it to others.
I don't really want to report anyone because I know I get uncomfortable when men approach me in a certain way, but I am aware that is my own personal issue. :-)
@MistyckMoon I understand how you feel about that, but the nice thing is is they will investigate it and look at the whole situation. Your gut in this case is telling you that that was not good, so I would just be willing to trust yourself to take care of you. Always make sure to be kind with yourself
@jujunme (2439)
@MistyckMoon Reporting someone to the admin doesn't necessarily mean they will be kicked out , just investigated and perhaps warned if you were uncomfortable with his behavior, odds are , other women would be as well. The kind of behavior this guy displayed is not acceptable here
I'm sorry this has happened to you. I hope you won't stop posting because of that person!
Thanks Ariane, Oh no, that is not going to stop me from posting. In fact I think my time on fb is going to suffer and this will become my new obsession. LOL!
@MistyckMoon Perfect! ahah mylot is a lot better than facebook when you consider the fact that we can talk about everything here!
@arianebergeron I especially love that! :-) And nobody reporting that you are not using your real name. I was locked out of my last fb page because my profile name was reported!
I am sorry that happened to you. Sadly it does happen but for the most part the people here are very friendly and respectful. Blocking him was the right thing to do.
Thanks Laurel. Like I wrote to Hillary, I don't judge anything by the actions of one or two. I am really enjoying the site and honestly for me it is more about the interaction with others I am loving. I know this site won't make me much money, But I do love being able to connect with people. Right now until we are able to get transportation again, the internet is the only social life I have. being new here in Maine, People are really cold and not easy for an outsider to connect with. Can't wait to get a new home on wheels and get out of this place,
@MistyckMoon Oh really. I always found Maine to be a friendly place when we visited but then again I guess it depends on what area you are in. You are use to being on the road so it will be nice to get moving again. That is the kind of life I would enjoy. I am glad that you are enjoying your time here so far. You might not make a whole lot of money here but you will meet a lot of really nice people.
@Happy2BeMe My fiance is actually from here and he says this place has changed since he left here 5 years ago. We are in Bangor. Maine is a beautiful state, I have just never experienced a place that was so difficult to connect with people.
@diosabella (4809)
There are some people here that like to do that. Somehow a guy I know here doesn't mean any harm he just like to flirt. He likes to flirt with every one whose pretty but in the end I got fed up of the things he's saying. I never block him but I did something to make him stop in the end. I hope you get more happy experience here than bad ones.
Thanks Sasha, That was the only uncomfortable experience I have had here so far. I am really enjoying the site and connecting with really cool people.
@MistyckMoon I'm enjoying the site too. When ever I wanted to amuse myself or just stop myself from thinking too much I go ahead and open Mylot!
@hillhjill (5254)
I'm sorry that had to happen to you.. this place is really great and I hope you don't let it bother you.. there are some people out there that is just.. well I will be nice.
Thanks Hillary, I never judge anything by the actions of one or two. So far its been pretty great. and I am starting to wonder if this is going to turn into my new addiction, LOL!
@hillhjill (5254)
@MistyckMoon it will lol.. I love it hear and the people and the wonderful stories from around the world.
Thats awful. Im sorry.
Thanks Courtney, no reason to apologize. I knew how to handle the situation. LOL!
@megatron777 (3777)
• Guam
Name that person please so that other members may be warned.
Alex, I don't want to make it difficult for anyone or try to get anyone kicked out. Because I have a mental disability, I am a lot more sensitive to certain behaviors and I am aware of this. He made me feel uncomfortable personally, but maybe he doesn't make others feel that way. Blocking him was the best action for me. :-)
@megatron777 we are not to name the person in public like this. If this person is to be named, it should be to the admin.
@CoralLevang It's ok Coral, I wasn't going to name him or even report him. It was uncomfortable to me but that doesn't mean it would have been a problem for someone else. Others made those suggestions to me but like I said in one of the comments, he is from a different country and what is normal to him may not seem acceptable to us.
@Orson_Kart (4485)
I have the same problem. It's just something that we attractive people have to put up with.
LOL!! There are a lot of attractive people here. :-)
@MistyckMoon Really?
• Baguio, Philippines
Yeah there are many such kind of person here, I experienced that too but I just ignore them.
I started to just ignore, but just made me feel like I was being watched....LOL!
• Baguio, Philippines
@MistyckMoon It is so annoying, right?
@KrauseHome (35517)
Wow!! The nerve of some people. Must be someone who has no idea what this site is supposed to be about. But aren;t you glad there's a Block feature?
LOL! Yes I am! But you know, he was from a different country and when I worked in Yellowstone National Park, I met people from all over the world and I learned a lot from that experience. Many times what we may not find acceptable in our culture is perfectly acceptable in theirs and they really don't know any better. That's why I chose to block him instead of report him or blast his name out for all to know. It made me uncomfortable but maybe that doesn't bother someone else.
@Kuttu_007 (1164)
Don't worry there are a lot of good people here ...
There sure is Kuttu. Thanks!
there's always one on any site it seems,unfortunetly.
I hope he stops being a scum soon. Reporting these kind of people to authorities should give them the hint that what they're doing is inappropriate.
You should report such users.