It was so hot yesterday I was outside bare...

Yes, it was over 80 degrees and when I realized how nice it was I knew it was time to shed some items....what items? Shoes - I was outside barefoot and it felt wonderful! It was so nice in the afternoon we got our Ruby's little pool and let her have some fun. However, the real reason for the pool was to give her a bath and she wasn't happy. A dog that loves water as much as she does is not fond of a bath. We all survived, she smells good and it was really nice to be outside and to be warm enough to leave the shoes in the house! Photo from Pixabay
@dodo19 (28098)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I look forward to being able to go onto my patio with no shoes on. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that soon.
You are still in 'winter' aren't you?
@dodo19 (28098)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@AbbyGreenhill Spring seems to be coming a little bit. But there still seems to be a mix of Spring and winter.
@CoralLevang (40853)
I'm not much of a barefooted person but I do have to find all of my flip-flops and sandals. It won't be long now here period we're supposed to get into the high fifties tomorrow Friday! Yay
Careful with those flip-flops - the say they are the worst things to wear regarding foot accidents. It was over 80 yesterday and temps are now dropping back to normal but not as low as 50...that's coat weather LOL
@CoralLevang (40853)
@AbbyGreenhill I have a pair of Merrell's that I wear
@CoralLevang I'm not a name brand person - what is that?
The less clothes you wear when bathing a dog, the better I think.
Mostly my feet got wet, the rest of me stayed pretty dry - that's a first!
I wholly agree! And then, after washing the dog, have a complete change of clothes.
@marguicha I was careful not to get too wet.
I am anxiously waiting for the days when I can get rid of these sock and shoes. I love going barefoot.
The cement was so warm I was surprised.
@AbbyGreenhill You are so lucky..you would free your toesies here!
@Happy2BeMe Your time will come!
I wonder why most dogs love water, but hate bathing. It's better not to wear shoes when bathing a dog or you will throw them after the bath.
I wonder if it the smell of the shampoo? Ruby's skin is sensitive so we use a shampoo for puppies and it has a very mild smell, but maybe not to her.
@AbbyGreenhill I do not know, they are like kids, they hate to take a bath.
@LadyDuck as long as we got her shampooed and it's all over I'll worry about it again in the fall.
@DeborahDiane (16225)
• Laguna Woods, California
I am one of those people who runs around barefoot all the time, at least near my house. I run to the mailbox barefoot, walk on the beach barefoot, and I am always barefoot indoors.
I don't wear shoes in the house ever. I feel too confined. Our mailbox is too far to walk to but I could since its cement - if gravel no way.
• Laguna Woods, California
@AbbyGreenhill - My mailbox is just 8 or 10 steps from my door, along a concrete walk. I would not go further than that, nor would I walk on gravel, either! I do like to be barefoot whenever it seems reasonable, however.
@CRK109 (14351)
Ever since the day I stepped on a bee, I don't go barefoot outside. But once I find a seat somewhere outside, I love removing my shoes/sandals and feeling the breezes on my feet. Cools me off in a big way. It's still pretty chilly up here but I know the air will be warming up quickly around here!
I've stepped on bees, but it doesn't stop me! Once in a while I sgtep on a piece of gravel and I think maybe I should wear shoes!
@CRK109 (14351)
@AbbyGreenhill I'm diabetic so I have to be very careful about my feet. Last time I was in the hospital, a specialist came in to visit me and inspected my feet and gave me a scolding. And one of his warnings was to never go barefoot. I'm not always the best patient, but I've been really good about that.
@HazySue (17182)
I love those lazy warm days when you can run around without shoes on.. It feels so freeing.
No shoes outside on warm cement - that's summer to me.
@HazySue (17182)
@AbbyGreenhill true, you might burn your toes. By the way, I love your title.
Not here Abby we are having wet heavy snow over the weekend.they have not found Spriing
snow, oh no!!! Sorry about that.
@AbbyGreenhill yes,April Fool's joke is playing a trick on it.
Poor Ruby! Nice weather for it though.
Today won't be as nice so I'm glad we did it yesterday.
@AbbyGreenhill .....Good timing, eh?
My SofĂ­a is not fond of shoes either. And when I had my own dog, washing her was quite difficult. Specially since she was a German Shepherd and she was stronger than me Enjoy your summer. We are heading for winter.
I even hate to think of winter anyplace. Yesterday was our first really warm day and I cant wait for more like it.
@AbbyGreenhill I know. I hate winter too.
@Nawsheen (22859)
• Mauritius
Walking barefoot on the beach is really so nice. How I like it. Ruby's behaving like those kids. They like to play with water but when its time for having a bath they just run away
Yes, she is like a kid in that way - but she doesn't talk back to me LOL
Its now shorts time, it was 86 here yesterday, long pants would have over heated me and my temper. I am glad I did not gain any winter weight, all my summer clothes still fit
We weren't that warm yesterday, but it was over 80 and then the storms so now we're back to where we should be.
So glad you could enjoy the warmth!!! Well, Ruby must keep up her appearance and I bet she does look lovely. I will be happy to go barefoot here, but still too cold out there.
Ruby is shedding so bad, the worst in her six years. I brush her two-three times a day since the bath and each time it looks like it's snowing.
@PainsOnSlate (19223)
I love watching my grand-dogs get baths, its entertaining. It will be a long time before its warm enough to wear sandals or go barefoot here.
It was way above average yesterday, that's not our normal...we should be right at 70 and it was over 80.
Nice. I loke going barefoot too. Where in the US do you live? Thats awfully hot for this time of year!
Tennessee - it was 80 but it won't be that warm today.
it always amused me that certain dogs, who LOVE to swim, hate baths!
Our last lab didn't mind baths at all so we were shocked this doesn't.
@AbbyGreenhill maybe it's the soap part
@Jessicalynnt I think so too, since she surely isn't bothered by water since she swims underwater.
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
Nice, we had a gloomy day but the temps were pretty nice for this time of year, it got to 60. Last night around midnight we started to get thunder and rain. It's still doing the same this morning.
Looks like a lot of rain /storms in your area - ours today will be here this evening...hate when they come at night.
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
@AbbyGreenhill I actually love hearing the rain on the roof when I'm in bed, and I'm a huge fan of thunder.
@fishtiger58 Well, you can have it all - it's the tornado fear around here. once you live with them you don't like rain or anything after that.
@BarBaraPrz (17552)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It was warm here yesterday, too, but not that warm. I did however spend some time outside with just a sweater and not a coat. And now they're saying we may get some snow tonight. Arggh!
snow - that's crazy! Good luck.
@BarBaraPrz (17552)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@AbbyGreenhill It may just be freezing rain, but I don't want that, either. They're calling this weather system a Kansas Low. Never heard of that before.
@BarBaraPrz Hum, I think they make up names for stuff just to confuse people.
@LeaPea2417 (15380)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It was warm here yesterday too. It got rather hot late in the afternoon.
Not as nice today and storms later.
@LeaPea2417 (15380)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@AbbyGreenhill It looks like it could rain here today.
@LeaPea2417 We should get rain in a few hours and last most of the night.