What Did You Read in March?

Winston Salem, North Carolina
It’s hard to beleive that another month is nearly behind us. Less than two hours now until the new month begins, so I think it’s safe to assume that my reading list for the month is complete. 17. The Kings Curse by Phillipa Gregory Historical Fiction Kindle book checked out from the library 604 pages 18. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Selling Your Crafts on Etsy by Marcia Layton Turner Crafts and hobbies/e-commerce Library book 288 pages 19. The Way of Kings: Book One of the Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson Fantasy Audible book 45 hours 23 min 20. Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King Thriller/suspense library audio book. 14 hours 22 min. 21. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte Classic literature Kindle 323 pages 22. Stardust by Neil Gaiman & Charles Vess Fantasy Library book 213 pages, illustrated 23 The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie Mystery library audio book 7 hrs 48 min 24 American Sniper by Chris Kyle. Biography Library Audiobook 10 hrs 10 min Biography. 25. Hearts and Hands by Mindy and Brandon Withrow Children’s biography collection Read aloud completed with my daughter as part of her school work. 211 pages. So what about you? Did you read anything interesting in March?
How to do your own solar power, 2 prepper books, a new Amish cookbook, Those I bought. I read a couple Patterson from the library and I am stuck on one that is taking forever to read, its good but a hard read.
A couple of the books on my list were only finished because they had to go back to the library. I've had a few library books that I've renewed 5 times before returning (5 is the maximum number allowed...so 15 weeks).
I'm rereading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Those are always entertaining...hmmmm I wonder if my youngest child has read those (the older 4 all have).
@silvermist (19802)
@teamfreak16 I wonder whether you are reading for the first time.Is it a re-read?
@silvermist - Yes, a reread.
@dramagirl26 (3366)
• Ringgold, Virginia
In March, I started Finders Keepers by Stephen King, Behind Her Eyes by Sara Pinborough, James Bravo's Shotgun Bride by Christine Rimmer, and Love and the M.D. by Rebecca Rohman.
Sounds like you got a good amount of reading in!
• Ringgold, Virginia
@Platespinner I did, although I'm still reading a few of the books. I can't wait to start new books this month.
@dramagirl26 I just finished my first book for the month this morning.
Did you like Mr.Mercedes? I enjoyed the book and I have read also the following of Detective Hodges saga.
It was very well written, but I don't know if I'll read the others in the saga. Some of the parts written from the perspective of Brady really bothered me, I don't know that I want to know whats going on inside the head of someone that twisted.
@Platespinner In this case skip the last one, it's pretty weird and scary.
@LadyDuck Thanks for the heads-up!
Nothing but academic books.
So I guess that means that you are well on your way to being educated .
@Platespinner I guess so. I'm trying my best.
@TheInvisibleMan That's all we can do!
Wow, you read lots! Would you suggest any of them? I read probably about 8-10 lqst month which is pretty good for me. Dont have the list in front od me at the moment however!
My total was 9 for the month. The numbers on my discussion represent the count for the year. Jane Eyre is one of my all time favourites--which is a bit ironic since I vehemently disliked it when I read it as a teenager. The rest were all good but not necessarily outstanding.
@marsha32 (6689)
I'm still reading that book by Norman Vincent Peele that I wrote about here. I want to read that Complete Idiot's Guide to selling on Etsy! I have an ebook that someone sent me about selling on Etsy on my Kindle app....I need to revisit that one too and put the tips into practice.
I'm planning to get an Etsy shop set up by the end of April...unfortunately it seems I have time to sew, or I have time to do the necessary legwork to set up my shop, finding the time to do both is proving to be a bit of a challenge.
@garymarsh6 (13204)
Good lord you have a lot of time on your hands to be able to read so much!
Numbers 19, 20, 23, 24 were audiobooks that I listened to while working on other things. Numbers 21 and 25 are books that I read with my daughter...and have been working on since the first of the year. Numbers 18 and 23 were library books that I've been working on for a few months, reading a bit here and there as I've been waiting in the car for various children. Number 17 was my truly indulgent book since I had to finish it in 4 weeks. Most months my list is primarily audiobooks.
@garymarsh6 (13204)
@Platespinner Good idea the audio books. It is too early in the morning for my commute to listen and then at the end of the day I am too stressed to pay attention. I have tried that so resort to listening to music instead!
@garymarsh6 I do most of my listening while doing yard work or sewing, or while driving down long, boring stretches of highway. No commute for me at the moment, though that may well change in the next couple of years as my last student graduates.
@UncleJoe (9461)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
No time for books I spent most of March reading prescription labels.
Back before I got new glasses I would have had trouble reading those .
@UncleJoe (9461)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Platespinner I see just fine and still have trouble reading them.
@UncleJoe It would probably help if they were printed in ordinary English, rather than pharmacese.
Just social media LOL
I find myself spending less time on social media as the weather warms and there are more things to do outside.
@Platespinner to me its the same thing as coming on here or other chatsites. And texting really. But I'm not constantly on either. Just when bored or have something to say.
@PatZAnthony (12344)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The Glass Castle, The Quest For The Cures...CONTINUES, The Truth About Cancer (2nd time reading) and a ton of other research books too boring for most to bother mentioning.
I try to avoid boring books, but i understand the need.
@silvermist (19802)
@Platespinner That is an Impressive list.The secret adversary,Jane Eyre and Mr.Mercedes were the only books I too have read some time back.I read Honeymoon by James Patterson in March.Then I am continuing listening to the Hunger Games and reading the Game Of Thrones Ebook.This month I am reading Tiger Lily's Orchids by Ruth Rendell.
I read six books in March. Mysteries and thrillers and a couple non-fiction.
@Gillygirl (17270)
• Sutton, England
I didn't read anything but newspapers in March so must change this for April as I have several books to read.