How do you honor Jesus Christ?

Photo credit: Pixabay
@1hopefulman (19604)
The Bible says "Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him." (John 5:23 NWT) At least twice God spoke from heaven telling people to listen to his Son. (See Matthew 3:17; Matthew 17:5) Jesus told us to do many things. One of them is found at Luke 22:19 (NWT) "Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”" Last year, the 8,340,847 Jehovah's Witnesses in the world invited the whole world to join them in honouring Jesus Christ. What was the response? The combined attendance of Jehovah's Witnesses and non-witnesses was 20,085,142 that remembered Jesus Christ by attending the Memorial of Jesus' last supper with his apostles as mentioned in Luke 22:14-20. This year, the Memorial of Jesus' death will be held world-wide after sundown on April 11 which corresponds with Nisan 14 when Jesus met with his apostles. We cordially invite everyone that wishes to attend to contact Jehovah's Witnesses locally to find the place and time or look it up on this web address: https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/memorial/ We will be delighted if you attend! To have an idea as to what happens at that gathering see the attached video. How do you honour Jesus Christ?
We warmly invite you to join us as we commemorate Jesus’ death in the way that he directed. Learn how Jesus’ life and death can personally benefit you.
@flpoolbum (2405)
@1hopefulman ~While I believe in the Christian path of salvation, I don't go to church or even pray because my weaknesses continually cause me to sin. I know that sounds dumb, but given my lusts, I feel unworthy of God's love, plus I have a really bad temper and have a bad habit of swearing which includes using the Lord's name in vain.
everyone is worthy of gods love, just ask for forgiveness of your sins.
@flpoolbum (2405)
@andriaperry ~It seems hypocritical of me to ask for forgiveness when I know that I'll want to commit the same sin again and again.
@1hopefulman (19604)
@flpoolbum Thank you for sharing your situation! Yes, our sinful condition and our bad desires can exert a powerful influence on us. Just remember, that God is patiently waiting for us and when we are ready. He will not turn anyone away. All the best!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I was raised in the church. Up until the time that I was about eighteen I attended church every sngle week. think there is more to religion than honoring Jesus , or going to church etc.
@flpoolbum (2405)
@thislittlepennyearns ~Being a devout Christian (or any other religions) requires doing your best to live a good and wholesome life and to be an example and be helpful to others. I'me being really selfish and easily tempted these days.
@1hopefulman (19604)
@thislittlepennyearns Yes, worshipping God involves much more. However, honouring Jesus and meeting with fellow worshippers is part of doing God's will. How do you understand things?
@1hopefulman (19604)
@bluesa (11828)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@1hopefulman , I try to not hurt others, help where I can, treat everyone with respect and be a good daughter and friend. Plus have many chats with Him through the day.
@1hopefulman (19604)
Those are all things that Jesus wants us to do!
@1hopefulman (19604)
That is a wonderful idea.
@ShifaLk (7313)
Yes that's good. N how to honour GOD? By following HIS teachings.. listening to HIS commands. I try... Try
@1hopefulman (19604)
All we can do is to keep on trying!
@ShifaLk (7313)
@1hopefulman yes. Sometimes I fall but now I'm better than before in following HIS Footsteps
@1hopefulman (19604)
@ShifaLk When we were a baby we fell many times but our legs got stronger and our walking improved and we became more cautious and now we fall at times but a lot less. The thing after a fall is to get up and keep on going and never abandon our Lord.
That is a good idea I hope lots of people will attend.
@1hopefulman (19604)
Thanks! We know that Jesus's sacrificing his life corresponds with what the ancient Israelites had to do on Passover night in Moses' day. The families that did not follow instructions and were not obedient on that night lost their firstborn. Listening to God's commandments is a very serious matter. What Jesus did allows for our being forgiven our sins and have the hope of eternal life.
@1hopefulman (19604)
@innertalks (2730)
Love God just as much as you can possibly do so. Hold nothing back
What does it really mean to honour God? Is it just to respect him, or is it really way more than just that? To me, to honour God is to love God, as when you love God, you credit God as being real for you, and this is the only honouring that God really asks of us, even as his son Jesus commanded of us all to love the lord our God, with all of our heart, our mind, our body, and our soul. This total loving of God is commanded of us a few times in the bible. One of these times is to be found in the gospel of Saint Matthew, chapter 22, verse 37. Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind."
@1hopefulman (19604)
Well said!
@1hopefulman thanks Felix
@1hopefulman (19604)
I honor Jesus Christ by reading and studying his Word, praying, and seeking him daily, many times a day. I also go to church every week, and as soon as it is light enough at night to see to drive home, I will be going on Wednesday night as well.
@1hopefulman (19604)
Very nice to see your devotion and thanks for sharing!
@1hopefulman (19604)
@buenavida (7608)
• Sweden
I am grateful that I have been able to be on the Memorial at least 53 years. I hope to be there this year too and as long as God lets me attend
@1hopefulman (19604)
That's wonderful! It's wonderful to see that you still have the strong desire to attend year after year. I hope and pray, that with God's help, we will both be there, along with millions of others also this year. Attending the Memorial is one way to show how we greatly appreciative the sacrifice and love of God and his Son, Jesus Christ!
@1hopefulman (19604)
@MsBooklover (2020)
I am trying to honor Him by living the kind of life he wants me to live.
@1hopefulman (19604)
It's hard to beat that!
@OreoBrownie (3358)
• Winder, Georgia
I am Methodist but I just call myself a christian.
@1hopefulman (19604)
A Christian would be one who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ.