“Are You A True Blue Workaholic?”

Most of us tend to be workaholic because we aim for something in our lives. I have a friend who is a true blue workaholic. She spends more than twelve hours teaching students online. For me, I think it is fine since I do it each day. The only difference, she works for the whole week every month. The bottom line, she never had rest day lately. I even call her attention to slow a bit. But she refused to do so and doesn’t need to slow down. Image Credit: pixabay.com
@Mass_Sonu (1035)
@Shavkat Teaching twelve hours a day without any rest? Oh, isn't that hectic? For me personally, I cannot work without regular rest. There may be exceptions
She can take a rest in between. I think it is fine. The only bothers me she never had a rest day on weekends.
@Mass_Sonu (1035)
@Shavkat Oh, that's worrying
@Mass_Sonu Well, I think she can managed it.
@ridingbet (59432)
well, even ants rest. i believe these workaholics have some 'hidden agenda' in their minds that is why they work and work and work. maybe they want to fight off depression, or have set a higher goal to achieve.
I guess she wanted to achieve something. But I think she needs to rest. Perhaps there are something she needs to prove.
@ridingbet (59432)
@Shavkat yes that is true. well, those who are workaholics should still maintain their goals and work for it, and rest both in body and mind is a must for them.
@ridingbet I agree. It should be balance.
@crossbones27 (21215)
• Redlands, California
Hell no, maybe it is just because never found something I loved to do. 8 and done for me. My brother loves what he is doing now Streams video game sessions for about 12 hours a day. Once he did 20 hours straight, but started making him physically sick. He cut back to 8, still said he was feeling mentally exhausted. Tried to cut back again, but never really see him do less than 7 hours. That was for like 2 days and then he was back up to 9 or 12 because he wanted more money, which was no guarantee because he gets paid in donations. He was just out for a whole week. Nah, not playing corporate America's greed game whether I love the work or not. People need rest and they do a better job overall when they can think straight.
I do think it is not good to work more than the regular working hours. I guess some people are used to work long hours. But I can't do it. As you have said, I can't think straight for being exhausted. If I am in desperation, I will also work more or less 12 hours per day.
• Redlands, California
@Shavkat Yeah, no win situation we are in.
@crossbones27 I totally agree.
@epiffanie (10404)
I was workaholic for almost 40 years ... When I look back now, I still could not believe that I was able to do with only 3 hours of sleep every night .. Although I am benefiting financial security now, I went through a couple of years of anxiety .. But I am okay now .. We really need to learn how to balance our work and think of our well being ..
Wow! I think it is worth to do hard work. I never thought that it is possible to sleep for 3 hours in a day. I haven't tried that yet. But I am open to it. If we wanted to be financially stable, then I can work the way you do. It is also a good thing that you had balanced your life during that time.
@epiffanie (10404)
@Shavkat If you really love what you do, then it is worth the long hours of work ..
@epiffanie I agree. I think why my friend works long hours now.
That reminds me of a friend of mine who was giving tuitions. What started with just two or three she landed up giving tuitions to more than 200. Her house used to be packed. But she did not stop adding more (lol)
It keeps coming through.lol How nice of her to do this.
Maybe she enjoys her job and needs the money. As for me, not sure when my passion go. I hope she have time to rest.
I am also on the same track. I also enjoyed teaching online. Money is also one factor and enjoying the job fuel her drive to work hard. I hope you can find your niche soon.
@OreoBrownie (3648)
• Elberton, Georgia
I used to be a workaholic. I worked 12 and 16 hours a day as a nurse and grabbed all the overtime I could.
That's very inspiring. I also do work 12 hours a day but I see to it that there will be a rest day on weekends. Are you still practicing your profession?
Often that happens when people choose a profession that they love with all their heart. Then work is not longer work. They are at play. Who can blame them for wanting to play all day?
You have a point, my friend. I think she likes her job online and it was like a play moment.
I suppose being a workaholic works for some people. No convincing them to slow down.
I think it is how they managed their time. I tried to convince her but she insisted on working and grabbing all the opportunity.