-And I thought it is fake.

@ridingbet (34742)
Since it is the first Sunday of the month, I drove the car with my sister and son to participate in the holy sacrifice of the mass at 9:30 AM. There were some circumstances that made the Sunday worth remembering, and one was the balloon of a child that went up to the big rotating fan, and since the balloon is made of hard plastic (the shape is a minion), it kept on touching the fan blades but it never burst, and people inside the church laughed and clapped their hands. The mass has not started yet when the balloon flew. When the mass ended at 11 AM, my sister thought of treating us lunch. We had to search for a restaurant or food store but many of them were full. Then my son said we can try a restaurant where he and his 2 female friends would eat. So, we went in Anne’s bar and grill restaurant. On the table, I was mesmerized with this green mosaic-leaf arrangement plant and I uttered it is plastic or fake, since there was no soil underneath but pebbles. My sister said “No, it was a true plant”. LOTUS- that was what my sister said. I doubted, so I asked the waiter. He said “Yes, Ma’am, that plant is real!” …And I thought it is fake. Hmmm!
No, it's not fake it is a succulent plant, they are very easy to grow and to propagate.
@computerguy1980 It's enough to remove a leaf and to place on the soil and a new plant grows.
Yeah it is very easy to grow them. And they make a beautiful indoor as well as an outdoor plant.
@Blushandglow Exactly, they keep very well and propagate quickly.
@diosabella (4844)
Its a rose succulent or echeveria. They looked fake but its real. They belong to family of cactus. Some of them turned red when exposed to sun. Its great for indoors and outdoors too.
@ridingbet (34742)
i did not know that it can turn red when under the sunlight.
@ridingbet It would take days. But it is pretty. I had one on my desk before.
@ridingbet (34742)
@diosabella does it grow tall? or it stays as it is? cute?
That is beautiful. It looks plastic.
@ridingbet (34742)
yes, it is also succulent, and if we don't feel it, we will presume it as plastic.
@prinzcy (5082)
It's lotus? And here I thought lotus only grow in the water. I still have lots to learn. Is there water underneath the pebbles?
@ridingbet (34742)
no water, because i touched the pebbles and there was no water. it seemed the waiters water the plant.
@carexing25 (1816)
Beautiful.. I didn't know it could be placed on pebbles. All I know is that lotus grow on water? Not sure. I find many picture of such plant growing on water bit havent seen a real one yet
I can see that it is real, my dear. It has the features of a real plant , like the thickness and the foggy type appearance.
@ridingbet (34742)
yes, my lady, it is definitely real, and still, i have qualms if i can grow this succulent plant.
@ridingbet Oh sure you can.
@ridingbet (34742)
@SIMPLYD no, my lady. i do not have the green thumb even if this is a succulent plant.
@besweet (7342)
• Greece
It's a pretty flower! I like it when restaurants and cafes add fresh flowers or small flower pots on the tables. I hope you enjoyed your lunch!
@besweet (7342)
• Greece
@computerguy1980 I like the white color as well, it is a symbol or purity. I think it comes in a variety of colors and each one has a different representation in Indian culture.
@ridingbet (34742)
yes, we enjoyed our lunch. and yes, i like tables in restaurants flaunting flowers or plants to make the tables look better.
@ridingbet (34742)
@computerguy1980 thank you for stopping by.
@Gillygirl (15260)
• Sutton, England
I don't know the name but I have a similar plant. They are great and hardly need water.
@Gillygirl (15260)
• Sutton, England
@ridingbet They don't grow much. I have mine in a pot in the house. They wouldn't like ponds as the environment needs to be dry.
@ridingbet (34742)
@Gillygirl then it is an indoor plant
@Gillygirl (15260)
• Sutton, England
@ridingbet It can be both but outside depends on what type of garden you have.
It is nice. I believe that your thinking that it is fake but turned out real is better than the other way around. Oftentimes we think that something is real only to be proved wrong. Lol got too serious
@ridingbet (34742)
My friend, I have a discussion about believing it is real.it fooled me right to the bone.
I can't remember whose discussion did I comment on being fooled by an orchid. Because the roses were all in bloom, I took pictures of these again,including the...
@ridingbet a Some fakes are too good to be construed as real.
www.
@ridingbet (34742)
@nottoooldtowrite indeed, like friends. we believe she is a true friend, but then, she backstabs.
@ShifaLk (7313)
Haha it was a good start at Church with the balloon. Made me laugh. N this flower is really beautiful. In the picture it looks like made of a plastic or paper
@ridingbet (34742)
yes my dear, the balloon that refused to 'die' made my Sunday a fun day, and the plant in the food store added more to fun day.
@ShifaLk (7313)
@ridingbet Yes so overall it was fantastic day
@shshiju (9050)
• Cochin, India
Some white roots can also seen in the picture , so it is real. I think it need very less water. It is a beautiful one.
@ridingbet (34742)
right, white roots are visible.
@shshiju (9050)
• Cochin, India
It is quite real. I've had them myself.
@ridingbet (34742)
is it an indoor plant in your house?
@Nawsheen (22849)
• Mauritius
They have those plants or something similar at my aunt's place but they grow on water only. Maybe thats another species. It is quite lovely though
@ridingbet (34742)
they look beautiful in small pots like the one in the picture
@Nawsheen (22849)
• Mauritius
@ridingbet they are definitely beautiful
@pammooratan (4720)
May be any plant but it's looking beautiful.
@ridingbet (34742)
it is not any plant, but it is a succulent plant, and it is beautiful.
@ridingbet you say right.
@tzwrites (3207)
I have a plant like that at my house. They can seem fake but they are not.
@ridingbet (34742)
yes, and it actually tricked me the first time i saw it.
That must be a cactus and there will be soil beneath the pebbles.
@ridingbet (34742)
i believe so, because like a cactus, it is succulent, like aloe vera as well.
Imagine - no soil!
@ridingbet (34742)
yes my friend, only pebbles.
@hereandthere (21874)
i learned about the plant from reading the comments. how big is it? did you have a great meal?
@ridingbet (34742)
it is the size of a big mug, my friend. have you not seen the image? we did had a good lunch, because the presentation of the food served was so mesmerizing.
@minx267 (11186)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Wow. Very cool. No pictures?
@ridingbet (34742)
It is here now
@minx267 (11186)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@ridingbet oh cool. That is a succulent. Yes those types of plants are great for terrarium! I love those.
@ridingbet (34742)
@minx267 yes, the lotus is succulent. it looks like a budding aloe vera. i like seeing these kinds of plants indoors.