Would you let your buddy poop in your flower bed?

@boiboing (12524)
Northampton, England
Would you just stand there and let your buddy wander through the garden, climb up on the flower bed and leave a little 'present' in the soil? My husband and I were out in the garden when Ben, the little black cat from 2 doors away, strolled into the garden, miaowing gently. Our cat Bagheera can't quite decide whether to play or to chase him away but on this occasion, Ben boldly walked past him, hopped onto the raised bed and did his business. Bagheera sat on the grass below and just looked baffled. According to my husband this is ALL MY FAULT for encouraging Ben. I think it's quite funny. Our neighbour, Jadzia, often complains that "Your cat is doing pee pee in my garden" and we always tell her it's not ours, it's Ben - because we know she definitely can't tell the difference between the boys. Perhaps this was payback for us blaming him for all the little presents in her flower beds.
This is beginning to sound like potty wars.
I had a cat many years ago and he was an inside cat, so he pooped in is litter box and no place else.
I can't believe you took a photo of Ben going about his business!!
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
Named and shamed
Poor Bagheera. You did well to get a photo of them. :)
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
I have to say it took little skill. Ben was not rushing about his business.
@boiboing Did you have the camera with you? Or at least it must have been nearby.
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
@JudyEv I was in the garden taking photos of the plants when he strolled in to see us.
They both look cute busy with whatever....(LOL) You can shew that guy a couple of times and then he will not visit you but that I am sure you will not like as you will miss Ben. Forget about what your husband says. Their mess will not mess your garden anyway.
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
My husband does most of the gardening. He's the one who'll find Ben's 'present'.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gfp-plastic-dustpan.jpg
@boiboing Looking at those two black bundles I am sure your husband's heart will melt and he will not mind that little extra work! One can always use this and flush the stuff in the toilet
It's a cat for pete's sake! Next she'll want them to wear clothes.
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
Or tap at her door and ask for permission. We've told her that when the kittens come we'll teach them to poop in her garden.
@boiboing ....One good turn deserves another.
@dwstory (969)
That is fertilizers for the flower bed so that is ok.
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
Honestly, it's not good for that purpose. They don't seem to decompose very much.
@garymarsh6 (12100)
My next door neighbours cats (7) come and sunbathe in our garden but thankfully do not do their business here otherwise I would shoo them away. They also have four boisterous dogs so I guess they come for peace. My daughter encouraged them here. They soon scarper if they see me though!
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
Is that one neighbour with 7 or multiple neighbours with a couple each.
@katsmeow1213 (28845)
So you snapped a picture? LOL My Twilight looks exactly like them.. she'd fit right in with you!
I love the ears there...but... that's not where you poop!
@nanette64 (13219)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh LMAO @boiboing , how funny is that. Gotta love 'em.
• Denmark
How will you solve this problem?
Well done! Now you can prove who is the guilty cat. I chased Willy every time he tried to do this, he now goes in the garden of his master.
Scar is nowhere near as bad about it as He was, but I still get Him yelling at me sometimes and when I go to let Him in, He runs back into the yard to poop...I guess He wants me to 'stand guard' for Him...spoiled brat
Well, blaming Ben did come in handy, but yes, payback may be in play here. Cats are not allowed to roam free here, but some folks ignore that law, and many neighbors are not happy picking up after the cats that go wherever they'd like. I usually step in what they have left behind.