A kink in the plans and a big recipe snafu

@KristenH (21248)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Well, I was planning to go back to the gym for water aerobics tomorrow morning. But since my Paypal money transfer hasn't arrived yet into my checking account, I've called both Paypal and Huntington Bank to check on the status. Since I've withdrawn on Friday, it would take longer than one business day, though there were no problems with the withdrawal. Needless to say, I didn't stop at the gym to re-up for one final year after church today. I would be doing it tomorrow afternoon, when I leave to go to Pilates during the pouring rain and before class. I would resume water aerobics on Wednesday instead and take next Wednesday morning off. Just one kink in my plans. Note to self for the future: Don't withdraw money on a Friday. As for my chocolate lava cake redemption, it was another bust. With extact ingredients and low vanilla extract, it came out the same way. I'm scrapping that recipe into summer. Plus, I'm putting off my French bread casserole dish on hold until this weekend, when I buy vanilla extract this weekend. I've hit a snag and a snafu with those recipes so far.
Glad you did the "note-to-self" thing! So sorry to hear the chocolate lava cake was a bust. One fine day, I think you will be able to create the prefect chocolate lava cake.
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Me too! Me too, Deborah. Maybe someday...
I hope that things turn around, there are a few disappointments mentioned here. I have located a fitness forum where I hope to go and tour and possibly enroll in aquabics classes-nice to have this, we didn't have it in the town closest to our old home.
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Julia, I hope you would enjoy water aerobics that's low-impact. Me too! I can handle the gym, but not the cake baking at this rate. *sigh*
You go to the gym etc than make cake. That is funny
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yeah. I'm putting that lava cake on hold for three months at least.
@KristenH I would dofor the cake and skip the gym, but that's me LOL
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@AbbyGreenhill Okay Abby. Do you want to make it for me?
@Shellyann36 (8562)
I hate it when recipes do not work out right. I hope you will be able to correct it in some form or fashion and get it to turn out the way you want it. I always have a delay when I transfer money on Fridays.
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Me too. Trial by error, I guess. I know the feeling. Now I know for next time I do it...
@KristenH Live and learn!
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Shellyann36 True Shelly. I hope not to make the second mistake twice.
@alberello75 (13706)
• Genova, Italy
Well, I see you are very active person and love the gym, right?
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yep. Anything to prevent lower back pain is a big plus for me. I do love the gym. Better late than never, right?
@alberello75 (13706)
• Genova, Italy
@KristenH Yes, you right
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I never have tried to make a cake in a crockpot, so can't help you with that one sadly
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
No worries.
I have had recipes that didn't quite pan out how I expected too.
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
At least I'm not alone.
@bagarad (8268)
• Paso Robles, California
I had the check with which I intend to pay my property taxes hit my mailbox late Friday (at least that's when I picked it up.) I won't be able to deposit it until Monday, but the tax isn't due until the 10th. As for the recipes, at least you are trying. I don't often try a new recipe anymore. Part of the reason is that my husband and I don't often eat together except on Sunday afternoon, and there aren't too many foods that both of us are supposed to eat. On Sunday we almost always have brown rice, marinate salmon, broccoli, and some form of sweet potato. The rest of the week we mostly stick to our own diets. We may opt for a tuna salad today since it's warm out.
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
That meal sounds good, Barbara. It's been a bit brisk outside today with sun. At first you don't succeed....
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That's why I always try to do withdrawls on a Wednesday or before that way there is for sure money succesfully transfered by Friday. I should try cooking it and see if I have the same results, maybe there's something amiss with the recipie. Where di dyou find the recipie you are using?
@KristenH (21248)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Maybe AK. I'm just not having luck with it. Pinterest and Recipes that Crock's website. I'll shoot you the link for it tonight. Good idea for future bank withdrawals from Paypal.