Forgetful

Well, I have been looking for something for a couple of weeks. It is the little notebook I keep all of my passwords in. Actually it may have been missing for a month. I was cleaning and tidying stuff today, and opened a drawer to put some crafting material away. There it is. Yay!! I bought new cat food last night. Today I could not remember where I had put it. I was doing even more cleaning, and there it was! Yay. I would swear I am so forgetful sometimes. But I will never forget you guys.
Sometimes I forget where I put things and I ask my husband and he does not know where it is at.
Husbands never know where anything is.
yes just dont forget us glad you found the missing items lol lol
It made me quite pleased. Now I can get back to my online life.
It happens when I put something down without thinking at what I am doing.
Describes it perfectly. I automatically put something away, but my mind ignores what my hands are doing.
@GardenGerty This is the worst we can do, because our brain has not registered what we did. I have put the salt and pepper in the refrigerator last noon. I have searched them everywhere last evening and I have found them when I have opened the refrigerator to get out the food for dinner.
@LadyDuck Experiences like this tend to make me buy more of those small items, then I have more to lose.
@gardengerty I have the same problem. I like the idea of a notebook of passwords which I will keep in mind to do also. I am glad you found the notebook and cat food, and so is your cat about the cat food one!
I put alphabetical tabs so I can go quickly, for instance, myLot is under M, swagbucks is S. I need to delete some I do not use any more.
@GardenGertyTHanbk you for the good tip. I never thought of alphabetizing the passwords.
@Marty1 I spent a lot of years trying to find a successful way to work from home, so I joined a whole lot of sites. It was crazy trying to keep up with them. A small personal phone and address book would work real well and would already have tabs.
That is just sweet! I have been looking for a key for a year.
Do you have a recliner? Recliners eat keys.
@GardenGerty just bought Tony one but this key would not have been in my pocket
@andriaperry Okay, just checking.
How big was the cat food that you could not find it.. It's terrible to be forgetful. I been that way for years.
It was small cans. We used to only give her dry and I know where that is, but these cans do not have a "home" at my house yet. I was just really tired yesterday evening as we had done a lot of running around out of town in two different directions. When I get overly tired I seem to forget easily.
I'm glad you won't forget us. It is amazing sometimes the things we do forget. Losing your passwords would be a bad one.
So many of mine come up automatically, unless I am on someone else's computer, or if I have not synced the other devices.
@GardenGerty I find that once the passwords come up automatically I forget them even more quickly.
@JudyEv Yes, my mind has gotten lazy. If I have to come up with new passwords and cannot write them down, I will do a series, Like 1mashedpotatoes, 2mashed potatoes, or postoffice2, postoffice3. Not a very secure method at all. I suppose if I was really responsible I would go in and update passwords on a regular schedule. I have my original myLot password from 2006.
I hate when I put something "somewhere safe" and then cannot remember where that is!
I do that more than I like to admit.
@GardenGerty I bet many ppl do
@Jessicalynnt Of course.
@dramagirl26 (3319)
• Ringgold, Virginia
I tend to be forgetful too. I also use a notebook to keep track off all my accounts and passwords.
I think it is a common modern ailment. We do not have to rely on our memory to protect ourselves, we do not have to remember facts. I think my rememberer is lazy.
@moffittjc (47533)
• Gainesville, Florida
Do I know you? Have we met before? haha Glad to know you found your book of passwords. That would be pretty aggravating to lose something like that.
I have been having to reset them, occasionally.
I always find missing things when I am cleaning. Now, I start cleaning when I am missing something
I should clean much more than I do.
It is normal for me to forget something if I am pre-occupied. But I can't stop looking for it. I need to find it. I will not be at peace.
I know, it feels so disturbing to know it is missing.
I can relate. I forget alot as well.
I think I get too tired, but also I do not use my brain or pay attention to what I am doing.
Happens to the best of us. I've been forgetful far too many times as well.
Here's to waking up our brain.
@GardenGerty cheers to that!
Awww well it is good to know that we will never be forgotten. I have a pretty good memory by my fiance is always losing something because he can't remember where he put it. Sometimes he walks out to the kitchen to get a drink and then comes back in without because he forgot what he went out to do. lol
Oh, a "hereafter moment", what am I here after?
@GardenGerty lol so true
@marsha32 (6683)
I wonder if you put it in there when I was there LOL You did have it out for me to get your password...and then we were looking at craft stuff. The older I get the more forgetful I am getting. I can't always remember where something is now like I used to.
You are stressed and exhausted and that is bad for the memory. I have had my book since you were here. More likely I put it away once when my sister was going to be here.
My memory frequently fails me too and find something by chance after looking for it for quite some time.
It is really a pleasure when I do find my missing items.
It's probably a good idea to hide it so a 'crook' can't find it but a place you will remember.
I usually have it in a desk drawer or my computer bag, those are pretty obvious. The danger is probably the personal data related to the sites, like name, address and phone number.