Well meaning neighbor

@Trensue (5247)
A well meaning neighbor heard about my brother's accident and brought over an article about addiction to pain medications. I think it was a little too soon for me. He is still in the hospital and just had surgery Friday. I politely said "Thank you. I will do my best to make sure I follow all his doctor's instructions." I understand it is a real concern, and I think I would have preferred that she ask how he was doing. What about you?
I fully agree, I disapprove those who jump into a situation like, the least she would have done it was (first of all) to ask how he is doing. I hope your brother feels a bit better and I suggest not to listen to your neighbor.
@Trensue (5247)
I just got him home today and the only pain medication he has requested in Tylenol. I will be sure and report that to the neighbor if she drops by.
@Trensue To ask her if she approves
You mean to say that your brother had surgery and will be given pain medications for some time (maybe) and he went with that book? If that´s the case, I think that she was being rude AND nosy.
@Trensue (5247)
He had hip surgery after the accident and I am sure he will be on them for quite awhile.
@Trensue And I hope they serve him well as it must be very painful
I would feel the same way as you. I actually probably would have been a bit offended by it especially so quickly afterhe had the accident. Her concern should have been about how he was doing.
@Trensue (5247)
I was a little taken back, but I think I better choose to believe she was doing it out of honest concern, otherwise I think I will be very angry.
@Trensue that is a good idea to think that way
I think it should be prescribed by a doctor.
@Trensue (5247)
Of course. He is in the hospital, so it is completely under the physicians instructions.
@Trensue That's good.
Some of us do not think before acting - but I doubt that she meant any harm.
@Trensue (5247)
You are probably right. I should practice instant forgiveness and move forward.
Maybe she didn't really know what to say so this was one way of approaching you. But then, I am always making excuses for people.
@Trensue (5247)
It sounds like you are a great example of instant forgiveness and I admire that.
I think it would have been better if she just asked you how he was.