I'm Sick and Tired....

Hello fellow mylotters!! I'm Sick and Tired of being sick and tired!! About 2 weeks ago, I thought I was getting a cold. About the 4th day, I thought I was getting better and then wham!! the cough set in. It was a terrible cough, nothing seemed to help and my sides were hurting because of the coughing. My husband then decided on an old home made remedy that he had heard from his grandfather (who lived to be 117 years old!) He put an onion, some water and some honey into the blender and pureed it. We decided we had tried every thing else, what could it hurt? The first spoonful was nasty, but it stopped the cough!! So whenever I would cough real bad and it wouldn't stop, I would take a teaspoon of this remedy. Within a couple of days of taking this remedy, my cough subsided. I'm pretty much over every thing, but am so weak still and tired....I'm just getting sick and tired of being sick and tired!! ~Peace~ photo courtesy of pixabay
In Jesus name be healed! I hope you regain now your energy. Home remedies at sometimes most effective than taking meds. God bless.
Thank-you @luisadannointed!! I've been praying to be healed, apparently I needed to rest up before gardening time!
@STOUTjodee It can help you feel a little better... Sometimes resting is not really helping too because it makes you more weak... Better to do gardening or little task to also help your mind not think of your health. To Jesus be the glory!
Sorry to hear to read this. I hope that you feel better soon. I must remember the cough remedy the next time I have a nasty cough. It might taste terrible but if it works then that is all that matters.
Yeah, I tried cough syrup, tea with lemon and honey in it, cough drops and nothing could suppress the cough, except that concoction!!!
@STOUTjodee lol well that is good that you found something that worked. Coughs are so hard to get rid off and hard to get rest when you can't stop coughing.
@Nawsheen (22849)
• Mauritius
I hope that you get well soon. Taking ginger tea with honey also might help. I am glad you found the above mentioned remedy and it worked too. Maybe you should take some vitamins now
Ginger? Zinc? All good for what ails you. These bugs people are getting these days are strong and mean. They stay a long time and make us very sickly. Hope you are better and will be well soon.
I know the feeling. Hope you feel better soon
Hope that you get stronger FAST.
My sister gave me that recipe too but uses brown sugar. I like the taste and it works.
@dragon54u (31291)
I cannot even imagine taking such a remedy!! You are a brave person. I certainly hope you get better soon, I know the feeling all too well of being sick and tired of being sick and tired!!
@Hari101 (1138)
• Chennai, India
Sorry to hear this. Hope will recover soon. Take care your health and don't take any remedy before knowing it fully. Sometimes it may affect you.