I am full of dread today, something awful is going to happen.

@dragon54u (31352)
It's one of those days that I'm worried to death about my son who is a heroin addict. Something awful is going to happen, I just know it. I dreamed of him all night last night and that is usually a warning because my dreams are usually prophetic. Does anyone here have a child addicted to drugs? Do you worry about them or are you able to just accept that's how it is and go on with your life? I wish I could.
Yes,I have a grand daughter who has this problem.No matter how much help she get.She is still a loser.Homeless,robbery etc.
@msiduri (5782)
Oh, OUCH. I'm sorry. That's rough.
• Riga, Latvia
Adding your granddaughter to my prayers @amadeo
@RasmaSandra thank you.Not sure this will help
I do feel for you. I sincerely hope you are mistaken and it is just worry that is making you dream like this.
@dragon54u (31352)
The coming days will tell. No news about him is good these days, unfortunately.
@dragon54u That is so sad.
@msiduri (5782)
Not my child, but my brother's twin daughters are heroin addicts. I can understand the anxiety. And I'm so sorry your son is going through this. There is no easy answer. Having said that, let me add that I don't think your dream is prophetic. Don't worry yourself by borrowing trouble from the future. I don't think anyone ever "accepts" their child is an addict and goes on. One acknowledges it, of course. And you have to show compassion and work to do nothing to feed the addition—that's really hard. My nieces have been arrested for shoplifting and have stolen and pawned their mother's jewelry. Addiction sucks. I hope your son overcomes his.
@dragon54u (31352)
Thank you so much for understanding. I sent him to 8 months of rehab and he did well for a few months then relapsed. I used to work for a lady that called worrying "borrowing trouble" and your phrase made me smile.
@msiduri (5782)
@dragon54u But then worrying is part of being a mother. They don't let you into the union if you don't worry at least a bit.. I don't know the stats, but relapsing is more common that not, I imagine. I wish both of you, and your whole family well.
• Pamplona, Spain
We know people very close to us that have children or relatives with that problem. I had a really bad dream last night but not all my dreams come true. However a few have and those mark me a lot like today woke up not scared but worried yes.
@dragon54u (31352)
It seems everyone has someone in their family addicted or knows someone whose family member is. It is heartbreaking that this has become such an epidemic. Most of my dreams are warnings. Some are very clear and some are cryptic. The very clear ones are usually warnings of avoiding a driving route or other physical danger. The cryptic ones are harder to understand and many times I only realize what they mean after something happens.
• Pamplona, Spain
@dragon54u I had a dream about a huge plane that crashed into the Back Gardens of I don´t know where and when I got up there it was on the Television exactly how I had seen it. Not that I like to dream about it. I usually say at night no prophetic stuff thank you. However that is just one of the quite a few and they happen when you least expect them. This morning this was about someone who does not want to speak to me in particular and have not seen in years. Even so hope nothing is wrong and eithe way I am not going to get to know as he does not communicate neither by phone or letter or visit. A case of hoping htat your dreams those kind do not come true and I hope not either.
I hope that your son is okay and that you are in better spirits today