Are You Fat?

I have recently started to watch two expat vloggers who live in China with their wives. One Expat is from the UK, while the other is from the US. Both have some nice content that covers Chinese Culture and their experiences living in China. They put up a video talking about being Fat in China and I found it pretty interesting.... I know I would definitely be considered obese in Chinese Standards but here in the US I'm just Overweight... not that that's anything to be happy about, but it is what it is. Here are the two videos, for anyone who wanted to watch them. and https://youtu.be/bUC2lXDzw4g If you watch the videos, tell me what you think.
China is a place that will judge your weight. One thing to keep in mind is that Asian countries are very judgemental about weight and body image. With the tr...
I went to a family doctor that my parents' went to (but now anymore) and the woman doctor goes based on your weight and on the asian chart you're obese, overweight. You need to lose weight. I was like why are you referring me to an asian chart! What does that have to do with anything.
That sounds like racial profiling doesn't it? You live in the USA, you should be evaluated to the standards of the US BMI chart, not Asian or any other country for that matter. Wow!
@ScribbledAdNauseum Exactly right. But I think this was more a private doctor not like a well known institute. So she practices herself. She's not an Asian Doctor either, she has a Russian background! On her BMI chart, there has an Asian cut off line for overweight in addition to American cut off. It was SO STRANGE.
@infatuatedbby That does sound really strange... You don't live in an area populated by a lot of Asian immigrants do you? That's the only thing I could possibly think of... Or maybe she just prefers the Asian Chart? Still very weird.
"My mom says I'm not fat, I'm pleasantly plump." - Eric Cartman
I haven't watched South park in a very very long time... I might just have to turn hulu on here in a little while...
@ScribbledAdNauseum - I haven't watched it in a long time myself.
@teamfreak16 I haven't watched Beavis and Butthead either...
Not a big deal. They got fat people in china as well.
I wouldn't know...
@ptrikha_2 (10162)
Yes fat and thin people are everywhere.
The chinese are very thin. Lots of rice in their diets. I believe in moderation in all things.
I love rice like the next person, but I don't know that I could eat as much as they do!
@ScribbledAdNauseum .......Me either.
My doctor says that I am a bit underweight and I know that according to the BMI chart he is right. I do not care, I feel well as I am.
As long as you feel well, and are healthy, what does it matter?
@ScribbledAdNauseum This is what I think, why should add more weight to carry around when I walk?
I'm definitely fat by Chinese standards. I'm just a bit podgy by UK standards, so I'm good!
I have a lot of muscle, but the "pudge" is around my tummy, which I hate.
Most Chinese people are short and small build. I will go and look at the video.
Yes, and that would make for a drastic difference between our BMI standards and theirs...
I have always called myself voluptuous! But I am technically obese even in North America.
i have thicker thighs but no butt, all the fat goes to my tummY!