A surprise knock at the door.

I was shocked to find this lady at my door. I have been to her door before a few times. We lived on the same floor years ago. Tonight she happened to need some diapers for a family member. I found three packs I could spare. I could not give her more as I need them myself. I also gave her some waterproof pads I just got. She was so happy to see my unit. I turned the light on to see better and it was very nice to hear the kind words about my home. She told me she wish her home could look like mine. I wanted to say I wish I had your monthly income. She asked me to walk to her unit to see it. As I walked in I stopped right at the door. I am getting better each day because I look around me and love what I see. I am broke most days but I have what I need to make my life happy. I was in my kitchen thanking my stars for that beautiful crock pot that walmart gave me. Today I was happy for that crib that I ordered from walmart. The samples are just awesome over there. I have plans for that crib as well. I was telling my mom to continue to fix up her home. She bought a dresser last month. it's beautiful. Next she is buying a couch. But right now minus that couch her home is beautiful. She said she is doing bad with money shortage right now. I truly understand. I am going broke to pay down some bills. But I am about to change my bathroom for the summer months. Doing my home where I spend the most time means so much to me. I have no idea how my child became the slob that she is. I love her to death but for anyone to take pride in how they look and not their surroundings is disgusting. I took pictures of that room and gross bathroom to show my mom. She is highy upset because no one in my family is nasty. I can't begin to touch it or the entire room will be trash. If you could get a private picture I would show you. I told my daughter today that I am trying to repect her belongings but this does not fit right in my home. It's going to be cleaned by her or tossed the hell out by me. I feel it's respectful to give her time to collect her belongings. But no way will it remain like this. I have a guest coming in May and no way will it be like that. I am going tobuy new bedding for that bedroom and make nice pictures out of stuff I print online. I want the room stripped to the bare walls.Ihave a beautiful closet in there not in use for anything but storage.It's going on freecycle. Everythingin it is just there. It's all going in the trash.I am not going to open any bags up. if it's not in use it's out of there. Garbage it goes.
I'm so sorry about your daughter's lack of cleanliness. It is too bad she doesn't respect you enough to keep it clean. I am glad you were able to give someone some much needed diapers and pads.
I wish I could have given her more. But sadly I could not.
@sharon6345 I missed most of March as I get my novel finished. Did your daughter have a baby? Is that why you have a crib and diapers?
@just4him oh no lol. The diapers are adult diapers that I use for my over active bladder. The crib is a sample walmart wants me to review.
You shouldn't have to clean up her mess. I hope she is responsible and comes and at least cleans it up if not finds a place for it.
It is clear that you take such pride in your place Sharon. More power to you my friend. I know your place looks lovely.
From the pictures that I have seen your home looks very nice. I am happy with what we bought for our new home. We are broke now but our house is paid for and everything in it is paid for. No debt so that was worth spending all of our money to get here. Now I am saving to go to the beach and see a lighthouse this summer.