Finally put away my groceries.

I was going to leave it till tomorrow. I rested long enough to where I could get up to put it away. Tonight I just need to organize the can goods for the kitchen. I bought some things with my coupons today. It was nice that walmart took printed coupons. I plan to use coupons every month. I read about someone here making corn beef hash with eggs. I got two small cans to try that as a backup meal. Someone here made spam with something. I forgot but I saw bacon spam as well as low sodium spam. I got them with a coupon. That will also be a backup meal. I am going to take note of other stuff people post about. I want to try new foods. I love corn beef. I just don't know about hash.
@minx267 (14603)
• Hartford, Connecticut
I loved corned beef hash.. I buy that in a can all the time. I think the best one is the Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash (they have roast beef hash as well) by Hormel.
oh wonderful that is the brand I bought today. I wish now that I got the bigger cans. I did not want to waste it so I got the little ones. Just for me to eat off of.
@minx267 (14603)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@sharon6345 well that is smart if you don't know if you are going to like it or not... another thing I add to my Breakfast (besides the hash and eggs and maybe toast) is home fries. Easy to make get a can of the sliced white potatoes and put them in a the frying pan with a little butter and you can add onions if you want. then sprinkle liberally with paprika and a little salt. that makes a nice meal. and you will probably have left over has and potatoes for breakfast the next day.. all you have to do then is heat it up and cook up a couple more eggs.
@minx267 I will be having mine for dinner. I don't eat breakfast.Thanks for the tips.
Can we share recipes as discussions on here??? I have some great ones my mom makes with back stories would love to share them
I do all the time but I am sure it just needs to be a post not just a recipe.
@sharon6345 yes that I wold make sure of
@chrissbergstrom then let the posts begin. I am looking for new stuff to try.
I do enjoy corned beef too. I remember back when I was younger a friend of mine fixed corned beef hash out of a can one time when I was there for a meal. I didn't even know it came in the can. I was used to my grandmother's cooking and every thing was home made from scratch.
That's how my mom cook homemade every night. That's one of the reasons why she runs out of food in the middle of month as well.
@sharon6345 ....One reason I don't cook that way any more. Can't afford to. Takes a lot of groceries to cook home made.
@celticeagle I have learned that over the years trying to cook homemade it takes a lot of money. Not to mention Time consuming.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Corn beef hash is good.especially if you eat it with eggs. We got pretty good coupons this week, i am goin to try tthe green giant cauliflower tots this week when i go grocery shopping.
The only veggies I plan on eating will be in the dinners they deliver to me. I get veggies I never ate in al of them. One I am almost sure was squash. I don't eat that. But I tried it.
w e get corned beef ha s h a lot here and sometimes I realy like it and other times I get tired of it It has a natural strong flavor that ggoes well with srambled eggs
That is what I have in my fridge till tomorrow when the aide goes food shopping.
I am glad you put your groceries away. I have not made in hash in a lot of years so I can not help you.
So do you remember liking it?
It is always good to have backup meals. I never heard of bacon spam before.