Favorite Carnivores # 5- The Tiger.

Banks, Oregon
Coming in at # 5 on my favorite carnivores series is the Tiger, one of the most beautiful creatures ever created, they are usually Orange, with black stripes, but they can also be white, with black stripes. Tigers are the biggest big cat alive in the world today, big males can get over 11 feet in length and, around 800 pounds, they also have the longest teeth of all cats. The sad thing is they are very endangered, there is less than 4 thousand alive in the wild today, most of those in India and, Russia. Another very cool thing is male Tigers sometimes help raise and, protect their cubs, one male was ever recorded to raise two orphan female cubs and, train them to be Tigers, that's something I just learned and, way cool. I didn't know males were that nice, they always seem the villain. Some information verified at Wikipedia. I have also studied about them and, watched them on TV for years.
@Jon2071 (257)
Good choice for #5...tigers are pretty amazing and pretty cool. I think they would be higher on my list. I was showing my students a short documentary on lions and they gave a little bit of information about tigers as well. If I understood correctly, tigers are bigger than lions. They also said that tigers have a more ferocious roar and sometimes in movies with lion they will dub in the tiger's roar in place of the lions. Has anyone else heard this claim before? Great discussion, TR!
They are usually bigger than Lion's that true, not sure about the roar, probably depends on the individuals, but I love them both and, thanks.
@Jon2071 (257)
@TRBRocks420 Yes, lions are very majestic. I don't know about ferocious either, but I believe the lions roar is louder and can be heard from further away. Both of them are pretty formidable.
Tigers are so scary but awesome! My uncle was obsessed with tigers as a teen and young adult and everything in his room was tigers. Lol
Me too I love Tigers, but also wouldn't want to run into one, because they are very dangerous.
@TRBRocks420 oh yes. I hope to see one at the zoo this summer
@Daljinder (22173)
Tiger is the National Animal of India. Bengal tiger is famous. Yes the tiger has become endangered. Many wildlife reserves and national parks are established to protect them in India. Majority of Tiger population is found here.
Yes, still a little over a thousand Tigers in India and, glad to hear they are the national animal and, people are working to protect them.
@Daljinder (22173)
@TRBRocks420 Poaching and hunting endangered species are illegal. I am glad that tigers are being preserved now and their habitat too which is the main reason for their decrease in numbers. Human has taken over their habitats for building houses, mills, buildings etc...
@FayeHazel (19920)
That's interesting. I have heard in housecats - that sometimes some of the Toms will take a real shine to kittens.... a zoo near here has tigers. So beautiful
Yeah, it really is awesome, gives them a lovable side :)
I think Tigars are really big beautiful cats.
Me too they are very beautiful creatures.
@averygirl72 (16617)
It's amazing to know tigers are like big cats. Interesting facts
Thank you and, yes they are awesome animals.
Interesting. I always figured male cats figured their duties were done when their duties were done, so to speak.
Yes, that's what I always thought, but I guess some are more attentive than others.
Yes that is cool about the male helping to raise and protect the cub.
Yeah, I thought that was pretty awesome, makes me like them even more.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
My animal countdown inspired you to create your own.Tigers made my animal countdown to.I wish you would have included a pic.
Um no I had no idea you were even doing a animal countdown and, good for you.