Wow, a young Dick Clark

Gracie and Sophie are playing tug of war, Sophie was only 7 weeks old and Gracie was so gentle.
El Paso, Texas
You do know who Dick Clark is, right? I mean even when he got old he was still a big name what with that big ball droppin in NYC n all. So, I got curious about a couple songs I heard on Call the Midwife when I came across the Saturday Night Beech Nut Show .... I'd never heard of this one. Well check out Duane Eddy playin a tune in a convertible: The shot above is of Gracie playin tug of war with Sophie who was 7 weeks old.
Saturday Night Beech-Nut Show. May 30, 1959. Re-posted by request. Corrected audio level and no annoying gray bar.
@UncleJoe (11306)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
That was hot when I was a teen. I bought one of the first 45's of that song. A 45 was a 45 rpm record.
I remember those 45s, the first Beatles record I got was a 45.
@Morleyhunt (21470)
I'll have to listen tomorrow morning.
That's kool, I hope you'll enjoy the tune.
@Shellyann36 (11269)
He comes riding in on a go-kart. That was shen he was very young.
He sure was. I would have loved to have seen that show .... oh well, now I get to reminisce about the shows I missed.
I love watching Call the Midwife.
I am watching it for the 3rd time, I'm still trying to understand what some of those people were saying. I love those accents but boy are some of them hard for me to understand. I imagine how confused I'd be if I were to visit the UK.
I haven't heard this song. But I will check it out. I think it is my father's genre. I like the old songs.
It was popular in the late 1950s. I like that tune.