Where the road ends in the river, Take a right

@DWDavis (10916)
Pikeville, North Carolina
For the second time in a little over a week I took a day off from work. This time it was a personal day, not a sick day. I wasn't going to the doctor. My wife and I went camping. The campground we are at is about 3 hours from home. We are near, but not quite at, North Carolina's Outer Banks The campground is near a river and and has a 5 acre lake in the middle of it. Our campsite is on the lake. I hope to go fishing tomorrow morning. This evening, my wife and I, along with our two co-hosts, cooked dinner for our whole camping club - the 20 members here this weekend, anyway. Dinner was nothing fancy: hot dogs, chili, beans, coleslaw, macaroni salad, and chips. Several members brought desserts. No one left the dinner hungry. Now my wife and I are back at our camper. I am plumb exhausted. Tomorrow promises to be another exciting day. How did your Friday go?
Sounds like a wonderful day and a good dinner. I worked all day and now I am home watching hockey.
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The drive out was nice, but long. The campground itself is wonderful. No one around to bother you but the bears and the eagles.
@DWDavis sounds nice. I suppose this time of year there aren't lot of campers yet
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Happy2BeMe The campground wasn't full, but there were two other groups camping there this past weekend, also. I'd guess they were about 80% occupied, which considering the weather during the week, isn't bad.
@prinzcy (5065)
My day went fine. I was at work, we was audited by our customers but we managed to display the best for them. Hopefully they will be satisfied. Have an exciting day tomorrow. Hopefully you can go fishing as you wish.
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I did get to go fishing, and caught one small fish, but threw him back so he could grow bigger.
@katsmeow1213 (28990)
Work was chaotic, but I'm looking forward to a weekend without plans! I have no alarms to set and nothing major I have to take care of. I hope to clean out my car and start getting organized as we head on vacation next weekend.
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I know you are looking forward to your vacation. I hope y'all have a great time.
@Ronrybs (6973)
• London, England
I'd settle for the chili!
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The chili was very good. I'm not a big chili lover, but this recipe suited me.
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Ronrybs I like chili with Fritos Corn Chips, if the chili is mild the way I prefer it.
It really feels good after such an event hope you had gala day
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
We received many compliments on how well the event went. I'm sure we'll be asked to arrange for it again next year.
@DWDavis good luck for other time,enjoy
@KrauseHome (33746)
Well it is now Early Wednesday Morning here as I respond back. Been a very stressful week and hoping it can somehow improve
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
This week has been an odd one at school, due to field trips and such. I am so glad we will finally get our Spring Break next week. We, students and teachers, all need the break.
@Shellyann36 (8566)
Glad to hear you enjoyed the outing. I wish we were camping!
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The campground was beautiful, but the weekend was too short.
Sounds like you are having a great time.
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
It was a nice, relaxing weekend.
Relax, have a good rest in the wild and enjoy the break from reality.
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I enjoyed it while it lasted, but reality will hit like a ton of bricks tomorrow.
My Friday was not as fun as yours was.
@DWDavis (10916)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I hope you were able to relax some over the weekend.
Good for you! Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself.