People serve a purpose

@sissy15 (5012)
Some people believe that every person enters and exits your life for a reason, and part of me believes this. Each person shapes who we are and who we become simply by being a part of it good or bad. It's hard when those people who had such a wonderful impact on our lives exit it, be it by death or slowly fading out of it. I choose to look back on the memories of these people with fondness and continue to live my life. After losing a family friend today (or rather finding out about her passing today) I know it's going to be hard moving forward for awhile while I mourn. I know she would want us to continue on our journey without her. If I'm honest I continued on my life even without her presence being as big of a part of my life, but it's different when you know they're still there even if you haven't spoken to or seen them in awhile, simply knowing they're out there somewhere puts your mind at ease. Now I know she's not there anymore, at least not physically but I do know that she is out there watching down over us all. I know some people don't believe in life after death and they don't believe in heaven and that's OK, but for me, it's part of who I am and what I believe. It's my faith that keeps me going and keeps me strong even when I don't feel like I have anything left. I need my faith. I know this particular friend believed too and I know if anyone makes it to heaven it would be her and that's what keeps me going. I believe that we all have a purpose in life whether it's a good one or a bad one. Whether we serve as an example of greatness or what we shouldn't become. I wouldn't call it destiny because I do believe we choose our own path, but I believe that our lives serve some sort of purpose. I think people are what shape us most in this life. They teach us to love, to hate, to trust, to distrust. They teach us the lessons in life and they are part of the reason we become the people we are today. Even if you don't leave a lasting impression on many people, it only takes one person. What you say to someone today can mean everything to someone. Good or bad. I know that this particular friend left a lasting impression on just about everyone she met. I'll miss her, but I know she served a purpose in my life even if I took her presence for granted. I notice when we lose someone we usually have regrets. We wish we would have done more or said more or maybe even less. It's so important that your last words to someone you care about be good ones. If you love someone don't let the last words you say to them be out of anger. I'm glad that I have never said a bad word to this person, I would hate for her to have died thinking I didn't care. I hope she knew that even though I didn't speak to her much that I cared and that she held a special place in my heart. She was like family and I miss her. Her death has yet again reminded me that for every bad person there's a good one. That even though a person exits your life it doesn't mean that they don't still live on in your memories. While the loss hurts it just reminds me to hold people a little closer. With all of the loss, I've had the past couple of years you'd think I'd learn this, but it seems that it's easy to forget. I'm learning life lessons the hard way. People may not agree with me that everyone serves a purpose, but I do. I think I choose to believe it because it helps me cope and rationalize things even if some things can't be rationalized. I may never understand why good people die while the bad ones live, but I do know that at least those people all served some sort of purpose to someone out there and they learned from those people. Sometimes in life, you have to look at the silver lining and hold onto your faith or you'd have nothing left. If you don't have faith in a higher being that's OK, but for me, it's how I cope and right now I need my beliefs to keep me going.
So sorry to hear of your loss. Glad that you are thinking clearly. Grief takes time.
@sissy15 (5012)
Thank you, it does and I'm working on it and I realize part of me will always feel some grief but eventually it will get a little easier to deal with but right now it's a little harder.
@sissy15 .....Give it time. Remember the good times you had.
@sissy15 (5012)
@celticeagle That's what I'm doing. The thing is I have only ever met her once, but I talked to her off and on over the years. My mom talked to her daily at one time but eventually, she started to lose touch too. Part of me is still having a difficult time believing she's gone because I didn't see her or talk to her daily so it feels like she's still safe and sound and I forget she's gone and then I'll be reminded again by something.
Very nicely written. So sorry for your loss.
@sissy15 (5012)
Thank you
@sissy15 you are welcome