The second earthquake knockout power and internet

It was about three in the afternoon and as soon as I felt the shake Immediately told me sister in law about it. But minutes after that the power went down and shake continues. I took my dog and went outside, along the sidewalk people were also out. We had some chats with the tenants and they felt the shake too. When the power got back, I quickly watch TV and some speculate that there's going to be a BIG ONE after this. But experts debunk that such stronger earthquake won't happen in the epicenter. Like now, I feel like having an aftershock. yup it's definitely shaking.
You need to stay safe, my friend.
We went outside but I do feel that wasn't enough @Shavkat if it had gotten stronger the roof could have collapse on me.
@Letranknight2015 That's scary. I think you need to check the safest place to go.
@Shavkat right now this is the safest place here in our home, away from the tsunami.
@ridingbet (53159)
i hope that big one will not come. well, nobody can actually predict an earthquake.
I really don't want a Big one to come @ridingbet it will render us damage for years, specially the areas of transport like MRT / LRT.
@ridingbet (53159)
@Letranknight2015 that is why we have to secure at home, and prayer is the only recourse wh must do.
It was 8 years ago this month that I was awakened by an earthquake...and pretty much everyone else here in southern Illinois.
Do you remember the intensity of it? @JolietJake anyways people will spent more time in the church since tomorrow and the whole week is holy week.
@Letranknight2015 I think it was 5.4, I'll have to look
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search 2008 Illinois earthquake Date April 18, 2008 (2008-04-18) Magnitude 5.4 Mw Depth 11.6 kilometers (7.2 mi) Epicenter 38°27'N 87°53'W? / ?38.45°N 87.89°W? / 38.45; -87.89Coordinates: 38°27'N 8
that is scary there.Take care there.
Thank you @amadeo and take care as well.
@Letranknight2015 Okay and keep us informed there.
So scary. I hope everybody remains safe.
No one was seriously hurt or killed @Happy2BeMe but it scared a lot of people.
@Letranknight2015 glad to to hear there were no deaths
@averygirl72 (16656)
Where do you live? Are you near the earthquake epicenter?
Well, we are near batangas, were part of Calabarzon @averygirl72 why you don't feel the earth quake?
@Letranknight2015 if i remember correctly aubrey is in bulacan
@CRK109 (14465)
I do hope you'll all be safe. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you very much @CRK109
Stay safe.
thank you @Courtlynn
@AkoPinay (11809)
Scary
Well, we went out anyways @AkoPinay
@spaceseed (2893)
I can understand the feeling. The bad thing about earthquake is after it is gone, you never know when it will happen again. and in such situations sometimes even if there is nothing going on our mind creates situations like oh my god its happening again.
Hello @spaceseed well, I get to have that shaky feeling all the time even though I'm not on my chair. I agree, it seems my mind is somewhat predicting this shake.
@spaceseed (2893)
In that case only suggestion I can give is, stay alert and place something like homemade device like temple bell so that you can make a decision about a fake and original quake
@spaceseed That reminds me, I wonder where I can buy something like that here
@diosabella (4812)
It definitely scrambled my brains for a bit... More like 3 times.
Hello @diosabella just be careful out there.
@Letranknight2015 Thanks. Our house is far from Batangas but we certainly felt it even the earthquake last week. I hope the Big One wont come at all.
@diosabella I don't want that BIG ONE to come. That will cause a lot of damage to our way of life.
@dhoyalahoy (1419)
Big one is Intensity 12. That's their expectation.
Hello @dhoyalahoy were did you get the information that it would be intensity 12? you were just kidding aren't you? I just heard the interview and said it won't be possible to be intensity 8 unless it originated under water / sea. Don't you know that will kill ALL of us or at least make us incapacitated for years?
@Letranknight2015 It's actually around the news years ago. I am in real estate company and we are studying the good place and the location under faultlines. This may not be accurate but this is a predicted. According to experts the faultlines are ripes at anytime it can move violently. We don't want this.
@dhoyalahoy Well, a lot may have change after that, I mean was it? You know it's Bad for real state if you got a property to sell and it's within those possible range of Earth Quakes. Nobody wants this but I guess praying should be must these days.
• Pamplona, Spain
So good you are all okay and that is a strong one yes. Third time around maybe it won´t be so bad at least I hope not. We have had another tremble here also but not very much.
Hello @lovinangelsinstead21 I hope there's not going to happen anytime soon. Well, I hope there isn't going to be another earthquake there as well. Take care of yourselves too.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Letranknight2015 Hope not either even though a lot of the houses have been built in that way to withstand the shakes and trembles. We are very close to a range of high Mountains so I suppose its all part and parcel of what happens.
@lovinangelsinstead21 well, be careful out there as well.
@theBlock (2627)
@Letranknight2015 Thank-goodness-you-weren't-hurt....Earthquakes-scare-the-bazeebas-outta-me...
It wasn't that strong but I did feel the shake @theBlock
@theBlock (2627)
@Letranknight2015 I'm-glad-it-was-a-small-quake
@bunnybon7 (36537)
• Holiday, Florida
thats what made me leave California. i hope you will be safe.
I've read there had been so many Earthquakes there because of the fault @bunnybon7
@bunnybon7 (36537)
• Holiday, Florida
@Letranknight2015 yes quite scary
Didn't feel the past two earthquakes. I saw it in the news and the experts are calling it an earthquake swarm. Hopefully, damage is minimal.
You must be far away from the parts of the epicenter, good for you at least but be prepared at least @allen0187
@Letranknight2015 Well, I'm in Manila and the earthquake was felt here. I guess, I felt the shake but didn't pay much attention to it. Agree with you that one needs to be prepared.
@FayeHazel (18027)
How scary! I hope everyone is alright
Yes, every one is okay but damage to a lot of buildings @FayeHazel
• Calgary, Alberta
Philippines is still lucky compared to Japan that deals with it more regularly. I do hope that the big one wont come. if it will come, it should be on an unpopulated area.
Everything would be in crumbles right now if we have the same situation as in Japan when it comes to @CaptAlbertWhisker frequent earth quakes.
@OreoBrownie (3604)
• Elberton, Georgia
Terrible thing to happen.
Well, the good news is that no one was seriously hurt @OreoBrownie