Welcome to this weekend’s Suddendeath poetry challenge, Alice

Centralia, Missouri
Anyways, rules are as follows, write a poem in any style using the five words that I give you. Write it in one sitting or in under an hour (only to quash your inner editor, rules are loose there). Add it here, OR link in a comment so we can enjoy each other’s' poems. The words can be in any plurality or tense. Today’s words are: rabbit, hole, dream, eat, late As always my version is below: Late is my name, dreaming my game, when follow the rabbit I go. Down deep is his hole past the homes of the moles, to land of Queens and fame. Eat what you will, when under the hill, and stay for ever and a day.
I look forward to seeing your poem.
@alberello75 (13649)
• Genova, Italy
Hi Valerie today it's Palm Sunday, what are your plan?
it's finally up now, @just4him took me a bit to find a sliver of time
@Jessicalynnt A good description in just a few lines of poetry. Well done.
@valmnz (13156)
• New Zealand
Well, how cool is that, even you have to use an excuse for not writing a poem. I feel better now
@CoralLevang (16131)
*laughs* And I wanted to use the excuse of needing to go to sleep, but my brain got creative. Now, at 5 a.m. it's time. Hope all is well!! HUGS
I do indeed, @valmnz and only NOW got one up!
@CoralLevang (16131)
Oh, I had FUN with this one! LOL Thank you for the challenge!!
There was a young girl named Alice, She had tea with Mad Hatter and Hare. The Dormouse was dreamin’, And things began steamin’, Alice quick-stopped those...
I was hoping ppl would have fun!
@CoralLevang (16131)
@Jessicalynnt and you know me... I have to put a Twist on everything
@CoralLevang well it certainly makes it cooler that way
@sallypup (23316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
There's a dreaming time; youth and buttercups eat later, imbibe hamburger buns smeared with cinnamon and sugar, rabbit in a hole, universe entire, never end, never be swallowed, no never, then like that, the veil lifts, too late that running, delirious epoch vanished never to return, the tape jitters forward not backward.
@CoralLevang (16131)
@sallypup I love this.
@sallypup (23316)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CoralLevang It felt a bit hesitant and clumsy to me but the rule is not to mess with what is scribbled so I just left what emerged. Thanks.
@CoralLevang (16131)
@sallypup , I think that's a wonderful rule. I need to adopt more of it
@alberello75 (13649)
• Genova, Italy
Here is my poem for this week: Dear Jessica, I understood that every Sunday, you wake up in LATE However, this is part of your fate! And on Sunday, what you do EAT for breakfast? I think something for fast! You sleep a lot? Have beautiful DREAMS? However they are not real! (Not very valuable rhyme!) Each RABBIT, hides in a HOLE Perhaps this is its role!
nice! I love it when you rhyme, I know it's not easy!
@alberello75 (13649)
• Genova, Italy
@Jessicalynnt Yes, it's no easy for me because I'm italian
@1creekgirl (9066)
The trouble with eating so late Is the really bad junk that I ate. The bad dreams with rabbits Has come from bad habits, So it's rabbits and holes that I hate.
lol, I have been told food can affect dreams, but I wonder how you prove that. well done!
@Mass_Sonu (1036)
@Jessicalynnt " A fluffy RABBIT appeared in my garden, From a giant HOLE, holding a tasty bourban! I thought it was just a DREAM, and was amused, But he said, - 'EAT the bourban, O Human, don't be confused... Don't be LATE, eat it now', said the fluffy rabbit who's now visibly enthused! " Just a try,
lol, what a dream and well done!