Almost Finished

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Freedom's Cry is almost finished and I will be back with you full time, or almost full time. I still need to get it ready to publish. I have a minimum of two chapters left. If it's more than that, three. So I'm almost finished and I'm so happy with it. I got a lot done on it yesterday and I'm ready to start Chapter 52. So please bear with me while I get this book finished. My excitement is growing as I near the finish line with this book. Someone asked me what I would do when I finished it, if I would open a bottle of champagne or have a champagne moment. No. I'm not sure yet, but I might treat myself to dinner and a movie. Who knows. In the past when I finished a book, I was depressed for a few days because it was finished. This series feels like a life work for me, and to have it finished will be wonderful, but I will probably feel like - what's next. Don't worry, I have a lot of books that are in some stage of writing, so I have a lot to choose from. No doubt I will choose a finished manuscript and get it ready for publication as well now that this series will be finished. Or I might work on what I lovingly call my 'problem child'. I've been working on this book probably as long as I've been working on Freedom's Cry, but having more trouble with it because I'm out of my comfort zone with it, working in a genre I don't really read or like to read - romance. I can tell you if I do work on that one, I've already taken it outside the box of a normal 300 page romance. It is not your gag me with a spoon, I'm going to throw up - romance. It has some depth to it. If not that one, then I have 50 other titles to choose from where to work next. I also need to start thinking about the cover. So that's what is happening in my world right now. How are things in your world? Thanks for reading.
@Gillygirl (17367)
• Sutton, England
I feel the excitement growing as the publication of your book grows nearer. It has been lovely here today so escaped to the coast.
Sounds like a wonderful thing to do. It's beautiful here too. Supposed to be in the 60's F today. It was very pleasant when I went out earlier.
@Lupita234 Thank you.
@just4him not much here but I think I was so tired that I almost passed out so got into bed and took a nap for a few hours and did some mylot work
I hope you're feeling better now and had a good nap.
@just4him Thank you, I am feeling better now
@Marty1 Good to hear.
That is great. Will it be available on Amazon?
Yes, sometime this summer.
@Lupita234 Thank you.
@sishy7 (27598)
That's great news! So, is this the second installment of your series?
No, this is the fourth and last. I have the first three published and available on Amazon. I hope to have this one ready this summer.
@sishy7 (27598)
@just4him Oh, it's double great news then! Congratulations! I hope everything goes as planned for you...
@sishy7 Does anything ever go as planned. I was just typing and a new scene popped from my fingertips, quite unexpected, so that was an unplanned chapter, so it looks like it will be the three after all. It's a great chapter, and I'm glad it happened.
@dramagirl26 (3334)
• Ringgold, Virginia
Good luck with finishing Freedom's Cry. I need to get back to writing. I haven't had a chance to do any last week, so I need to catch up this week.
Sometimes I just need to make time. I hope you find the time.
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I am so happy for you, I feel like I have watched your progress. I can just see you working on it in my mind. When you are done, I will do a happy dance for ya
Thank you. I'll be doing it too.
I imagine you are excited now that your book is almost ready to be published. Nothing exciting going on here.
Yes I am. It looks like three chapters instead of two, but that's fine. It all works and that's what's important.
@just4him Three is considered the perfect number, so three chapters will be fine.
@LadyDuck It won't be more than that. Right now I'm looking at the last two chapters. So I should be finished soon.
I can't wait for it to be finished - so I can buy a copy.
Be sure to get the other three in the series so you will know the characters and what is happening, especially for the last in the series. You can get them at Amazon.
@just4him I see. The other three carry the same name?
@Kandae11 Scarred, Manifest Destiny, and Stowaway. You'll find them under my full name - Valerie Jean Routhieaux
@KristenH (24942)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Way to go Valerie. I had no Upwork OT today, since they're upgrading the website for maintenance this afternoon. So I'm taking it easy and reading until I have a pizza dinner with my brother soon and then go shopping right after it.
Thank you. Have a wonderful day with your brother.
@KristenH (24942)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@just4him You're welcome. Thanks. But it's been canceled, since my SIL hurt her back. He called me a hour ago. So we'll do it after church tomorrow. Not sure about pizza for lunch though.
@KristenH I hope you had a good lunch after church.
I think that is great that you are going to treat yourself when you are done with your book. I know what you meal about feeling depressed when you finish. I feel the same way. It's like you are putting your baby out there for publishers and readers to view. Nice but rather scary too. Letting lose.
It's more than that, it's that it's finished and I won't be working on it anymore. But I do have a lot more to choose from. So the moment won't last too long.
@just4him .....Everyone is different. Glad you have others to work on.
@celticeagle Thank you. I'm glad too.
Writing books seems to have become a habit with you while there are authors who take years to finish their first book.
My first book took me 32 years to publish. It was first published in 2012. That was the first in the series and now I'm almost finished with the last in the series and hope to have it published this summer. Writing is my life. It's something I love and have been doing since I was 8 years old. It's a lot more than a habit, it's something I love and that makes it even better.
@just4him That surely has given me encouragement to start writing.
@allknowing I'm glad and hope you do. It's not an easy vocation.
Glad to hear you're almost finished and, just enjoying the day here.
Has it been good weather for you? We're warm one day and then cold and rainy the next.
@just4him Yes, it's been a lot better than it was more sunny than cold. 50 and, 60's mostly.
@TRBRocks420 Nice temps. I'm glad it's warming up. We warm up and then it gets cold and rainy again.
• Walnut Creek, California
Two chapters sounds like work! But I assume you enjoy the process. I spent the morning switching stereo gear in an out. A vintage receiver got "blown up" by our recent power surge/outage.
That's sad. I hope/know you can fix it and it will be in perfect condition again. Two chapters is easy work, or I hope it will be. In the beginning of a book two chapters can be written in one day without my thinking too much about it as the thoughts just pour forth from brain to fingertips. The end is a bit more complicated, but just as much fun. I just need to make sure there aren't any missing words as sometimes the brain is faster than the fingers.
• Walnut Creek, California
@just4him Do you have to tie all plot twists together, and make sure all foreshadowing was "aftershadowed"?
@TheHorse Yes, and I'll be reading it through to make sure it is all taken care of. This took a long time to write. So I need to make sure it's consistent and all the loose ends are tied up.
@ShifaLk (8477)
Wow. Soon you'll be starting with a new book, isn't it... :) And in my world, I wanna work soon as I'm not currently working because of the reason I messaged you.. And i was very sick...
I'm so sorry. I hope you get back to work soon and everything gets straightened out for you. I have been praying for you.
@ShifaLk (8477)
@just4him oh hallelujah Thank you Love you truly for remembering me in your Prayers
Take all the time you need to finish your book and I hope you get it published right away.
That won't happen. Getting the story finished is only the first stage in the publishing process, next is the editing and revision, followed by the final proofs. I'm hoping to have it ready by summer.
@Lupita234 Yes it does.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Congratulations on expanding your comfort zone. I admit romance is not my fave either, but yours sounds interesting approach
I just can't write those formula romance novels. They just make me gag. So though it started that way, sort of, it soon came out of the box. It's rather interesting, and that's saying a lot considering my non joy of the genre. I just need to get it finished.
• Trinidad And Tobago
I like that you share your writing tasks so clearly. I am amaze at your tenacity and determination...and you are clearly inspired. I thought I could be a writer but I don't have the stamina or the fortitude. Precisely what you described is my biggest hurdle. How do you do it? I admire you. Good luck in publishing.
I do it because it is something I love to do. I have been writing since I was 8 years old. Writing is a lot of hard work, and yes, it does take tenacity to keep going at it. The publishing world is getting harder to break into, and when I started publishing I learned that a lot of traditional publishers are looking for self-published authors with a following before they take them on.
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
This is a really exciting time for you, congratulations. Don't rush into your next project, let it choose you rather than you do something because you feel you should. Your creative energy seems really high at the moment.
It is. It's always that way when I get to the end of the book. I'll be happy to have this project done, but it will also be disappointing at the same time. Then it will be time to move on. I can't not work on something. So, I'll be back in writing mode within a week, but most likely will be working on the editing and revision first as I would like this published this summer.
That's terrific news. Busy here settling in. The decorator came today for window treatments.
Looks like it will be three chapters after all. I had an unexpected chapter come off my fingertips yesterday, so it looks like 54 chapters to this book and I'm ready now to start chapter 53. You must be excited to get the window treatments done.
Val look like your doing great there.
It's been coming together very well. Thank you.