*And now you're gone.

the kittens
@ridingbet (36229)
And Now You're Gone, "Someone stole you from your mother and left you all to die We did everything we could to keep your fate of abandonment a lie Bought you milk, brought you meds, made you your own furry bed But nothing replaces a mother's warmth, my own mother said For two weeks we tried and we all fought together Then one by one you fell one after the other And now you're all buried in this backyard of ours With the rest of the cats and dogs who have touched our hearts" --- my son's piece of poetry for the kittens This morning, I, my sister, and my son went to attend the holy sacrifice of the mass. The dogs guarded our house; 3 were out at the veranda while the puppies and 4 adult dogs were inside. And speaking of the pets, I asked permission from my son if I could post here the poem he made when the 4 kittens expired last year. He approved of my idea. The kittens were abandoned in the trash bin outside the gate, and we took them to rear, feed, and give them our care. My son even brought them to the veterinarian; he bought a feeding bottle, milk, and antibiotics, while he and I alternated in feeding them night and day. One by one, the kittens expired. My son cried while he and I were digging the soil to bury them in our backyard. I was also misty-eyed when the last of the kittens died. Three of them died in a matter of hours, while one died 2 weeks after they were rescued from the garbage bin. My son’s talent in poetry is highlighted again, and when he posted his poem on face book there were so many likes and comments. I hope our pet dogs live long, because for sure, my son will cry a river when any of them crosses the rainbow bridge.
What a sad story and a beautiful poem. You both tried so hard to save them. So heartbreaking. I hopr your pets love long. Iis always sad when we lose our pets. They are part of our family.
@ridingbet (36229)
that is so true. i believe that dogs are man's best friend.
@ridingbet yes I do agree
@FayeHazel (10665)
It was so kind of you and your son to try. I am sure in their short little lives they appreciated the kindness. Maybe you can rescue an adult cat to help with the upset?
@ridingbet (36229)
we have many astray cats in the back yard. i believe they are owned by our neighbors
@Gillygirl (15292)
• Sutton, England
Oh gosh this was very moving. It is so sad to lose pets. I hope your dogs have a long happy life.
@ridingbet (36229)
yes i do hope so my friend. i enjoy our dogs and i worry when any of them have no appetite, or have dry nose.
@Gillygirl (15292)
• Sutton, England
@ridingbet One of my cats went missing for 3 weeks. I was so upset. He came back minus an eye. I don't know how it happened.
@ridingbet (36229)
@Gillygirl oh, could it be possible that somebody got irked with your dog, then plucked out the eye? i think it is not due to accident.
@shshiju (9187)
• Cochin, India
How sad when our pets passed away. They are just like our member of family.
@ridingbet (36229)
yes that is true. so far, the pets that passed the rainbow bridge are all buried at the backyard.
@shshiju (9187)
• Cochin, India
@ridingbet They also need rest in peace after their valuable service
@ridingbet (36229)
@shshiju well, not yet to those kittens because they were newborns.
I am so sorry for those poor kittens. Young cats and dogs need their moms to survive. The poem your son wrote is very nice.
@ridingbet (36229)
thank you. up till now, i get misty when i read his poem.
@ridingbet I can understand, poor little kittens.
I'm crying now. Your son's poem is so touching. Know that you and your son did your best to save those poor, poor kitties. Now I'm going to hug and kiss Doodles.
@ridingbet (36229)
i get teary as well, until now, my friend, when i read his poem. he was so sad when he did this piece of poetry. hugs really show our affection to our pets, same with the food we give. hahahaha!
@ridingbet That's so true!
So grateful your son allowed you to post his wonderful poem here. It touched my heart.
@ridingbet (36229)
yes, i asked him seriously, and i had a hard time searching it in his face Book wall. until i checked my discussion about the cats being abandoned, that i knew what month last year was that.
@Freelanzer (6413)
Your son is very talented, that is a great poem.
@ridingbet (36229)
thank you. he is a content writer of a site; he ghost writes, and gets paid every month
@sol_cee (13157)
• Japan
Did you also write a discussion about the kittens?
@ridingbet (36229)
yes, i did 3 discussions. the first one is this:
My sister went out to the store and suddenly, she shouted my name to bring my phone and take a picture of what she saw in the garbage drums just at the side of...
Very nice poem - but it is sad about the kittens.
@megatron777 (3841)
• Guam
Oh no.
@ridingbet (36229)
yes, it is an oh, no thingy