My Favorite Los Angeles Angels Players: #4 Tim Salmon

Los Angeles, California
Tim Salmon was the most highly touted rookie from the Angels farm system until Mike Trout came along. The right fielder possessed power which he immediately displayed resulting in being voted 1993 American League Rookie of the Year. The Kingfish put up solid numbers with his best season being 1997 when hitting 33 home runs and driving in 129 runs. His finest hour came during the 2002 World Series against the San Francisco Giants when he batted a robust .346 with two home runs. Salmon was well on his way to a great career when suffering a severe injury at 35 forcing retirement at 38. He lost an entire season and most of two others. His entire 14 year career was spent in an Angels uniform and he is franchise leader in home runs with 299. Salmon is a member of the Angels Hall of Fame.
I agree he wasup there at thetop when he got injured so badly I loved to watch him play to and that yea year was so greattwo tousand two world series that was an awesome time tor our Angels lol lol
• Denver, Colorado
Definitely can't have an Angels countdown without Salmon. What a player.