My Baby Junior Saved the Lives of Children

In 2010, I was overwhelmed to travel in Tajikistan. It was a great opportunity to be a volunteer in this country. At first, I felt in doubt if I can able to live in this country for one year. I am living solely in the apartment and things were getting weirder and weirder. I started to talk to myself with my baby dummy in the house. I called him “Jamshed” and it means Junior. I got it from Operation Mercy. He was my companion and carried out my mission. Some local people find strange to see him with me all the time. Without him, I wasn’t able to demonstrate the practical techniques in treating children with disabilities or impairments. Now that I am in the Philippines, my baby junior is still carrying out his role in the hospital that I had worked with. He continued my legacy that I started in Tajikistan. It might look creepy but he had improved the functional ability of children who are inflicted with diseases leading to impairments or disabilities. Image Credit: Shavkat
Such a valuable thing Baby Junior happened to be!!!
Yes, it is. He was so patient enough to help all the children who wanted to live to the fullest. He had encouraged the children with disability or impairment to be in good condition. Image Credit: Shavkat
@Shavkat Amazing, my friend!
@Corbin5 It was unforgettable experience of my life. I wish I can do it again in the future.
You are doing great work.
It has been a long time, my friend. I am planning to re-volunteer again in the future. I had been remembering my previous selfless act. Image Credit: Shavkat
• Pamplona, Spain
Lovely story and he is lovely to look at also.
He is so lovely. I am planning to have a copy of him in the future. I am planning to introduce this dummy in some rehabilitation here.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Shavkat If you could it would be a great thing for the Children and others that have lost their movement capability.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I hope I can able to do it. I had also created my own book how to determine the proper treatment for children with impairments or disabilities. It is not published yet.
@Meramar (2462)
I am sure Jamshed was very helpful. It's a nice story and experience as well.
Thank you for liking it. Jamshed continued my story when I left him in the hospital.
@Meramar (2462)
@Shavkat And I am sure many children like him.
@Meramar You are right, my friend. They played to him and learn some exercises with the help of Jamshed. Jamshed demonstrated the proper movements of the body.
@epiffanie (10412)
Good for you that you experienced volunteering in taking care of sick children .. it is very fulfilling I'm sure ..
It was a great experience for me, my friend. It was a never ending story and most of these experiences were transcribed in my personal blog. Image Credit: Shavkat
@epiffanie (10412)
@Shavkat .. I think young people should do at least a year or two volunteering work ... You are blessed to have experienced that ..
@epiffanie It is indeed a good experience. Some youngster are involved with the organization. I am still connected to them.
@bunnybon7 (36901)
• Holiday, Florida
that is truly wonderful. i can see how ingenious this was of you. i salute your wise and kind ways my friend
Thank you, my dear. I had learned with such journey with this baby dummy. It is a priceless experience.
@ridingbet (55919)
i believe he is your dummy counterpart. just like a security blanket. and he joins you when you feel happy about an accomplishment from work
Doesn't matter how he looks. I am glad that it was with those who needed him. And you are doing a real good job there. God bless you.
I can imagine Junior was a great help in getting your message across.