Grumpy Horse says: What has ticked you off in the past week?

Pleasant Hill, California
Being a horse and psychologist isn't as hard as you might think. When I stomp my hoof once, it means, "I understand. Tell me more." When I stomp my hoof twice, it means, "You sound angry or upset about that." When I stomp my hood three times, it means, "That will be $75, please." I'm good at what I do. Right now, the Horse is grumpy because I just had to sit through "Powerpoint Hell." Powerpoint Hell is a lecture or training when the presenter goes over a series of Powerpoint slides quickly, reads from the slides, and moves on. Mine was a training. My College students taught me the term. Have you ever experienced Powerpoint Hell? So now I have to go see a kid client in a grumpy mood. Thanks for letting me vent. Just send me a bill. What has made you grumpy in the past week? Grumpiness loves company.
@Gillygirl (17277)
• Sutton, England
I got grumpy because I had an allergic reaction to hair dye. Ouch!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Why not go au natural?
@TheHorse hahahaha! thank you for that laugh!
@DaddyEvil (23486)
• Aurora, Missouri
What color do witches dye their hair, Gillian? (You are always dark haired when I see you... Or are you admitting you "cover" the gray? ) BTW, did you ever find the picture that shows you landing your broom for the first time? The picture on your post about flying is nice but I wish whoever took it had caught you landing your broom rather than the small airplane you followed into the airport.
@patgalca (14257)
• Orangeville, Ontario
You don't want me to get started on my rant. I just let loose on my husband, not about him particularly, mostly about life, but we're both bugged about the financial situation and I'm bugged knowing he is going to still spend money on golfing and at least one trip to see his family. Meanwhile, I am bugged by my fatigue, my pain, my overweight, and the lack of vacation for me. I'll stop there. I just feel like breaking something!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Two hoof stomps. Tell me more.
@sugartoes (39235)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@patgalca we need to get a club going called the rant club & get everyone together that has a rant to talk about. cause I'm there myself & can't find a GOOD smoke either.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@sugartoes Stomping foot once.
@Brittnyrose (1457)
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
I hope you start feeling better. Lol don't get to grumpy... As i was going grocery shopping I got ready to go down the cereal ail and as I was treat to get down and there were a group of people just standing there chatting I had to say excuses me like 3 times before they moved by then I was pissed off.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Today, I would have just rammed them and sent them flying.
@TheHorse Sometimes that's the only clue they actually pick up on...
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Lupita234 A chicken saved me. I may have to post about it.
@blitzfrick (2912)
Well how much time do you have? I could give you a fairly long list, but I don't want to dwell on all the irritations I've had today, much less go back over the week. Now get off my lawn!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Love it. I learned from that movie not to ruffle Korean kids' hair (I think it was Korean) when I walk by them. I do that all the time with the little kids I work with.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@computerguy1980 I think it was a great movie too. So was Crash.
If I listen to the local and world news all the time I will be grumpy all the time, - and I can't have that. I won't want to add wrinkles to my brow - so I listen to the news in moderation.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I find myself just turning it off sometimes when I'm driving. I don't trust the garbage I read on the internet, so I get most of my news from KCBS radio, which seems to be balanced and not fluff-driven.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@computerguy1980 I think listening to the news in moderation sounds healthy!
@dragon54u (31608)
My DIL's boyfriend has been over a lot this week. I have no idea why it makes me grumpy and why I don't like him. I have a feeling I won't like anyone she chooses because I don't think anyone is good enough for her or her daughter. So I get grumpy. He's a very nice guy, I'm just a witch I guess. I hope your client can tell you what's bothering him/her and cheer up.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Just talked to him on the phone. He sounds like he's ready for hiking. He has anger/anxiety/depression issues. I'm going to be "angry" to encourage him to express his anger as well. Maybe this post was a warm-up for my client.
This would be presentation at its worst. Why not just hand out a set of notes and let you all go home?
• Pleasant Hill, California
Eh, there were some interactive activities. And they were fun. But most of it was...Powerpoint Hell.
You use that picture a lot. Poor kid. Powerpoint would make anyone mad. Glad I don't have to use it anymore. I woke up mad the other day. I think I had a weird dream or that dream reminded me of something. Then my grandson didn't catch the bus. It was like the royal snowball effect.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yeah, I woke up after a weird dream this morning. I think I was ready to be pissed off about something. I'll write about my afternoon outing. It turned my mood around. The picture is a "tease."
@Platespinner (16533)
I get very frustrated with that sort of thing. Fortunately it doesn't happen to me very often.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm glad. I think I'll write about what saved me yesterday before heading into work.
@Plethos (9553)
3 cashiers opened, each lane had 7 or 8 people in it, there were half of us with 5 items or less and the thing that got me grumpy was that neither of the express 15 items or less registers were open
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh, I've experience that one! Makes me grumpy too.
@Plethos (9553)
@TheHorse - i also hate it when the express cashuer wants to have a conversation with you, wgen tge reason yiu went tgere was to hurry out. I dont mind the simple, hi, welcome, find what you came for, good bye chat.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Plethos Yeah, the one at Home Depot is pretty quick. But the one at Safeway said, "'I think therefore I am.' That Decartes quotation implies that all you really know is that you exist. I could be an illusion. Scan the next item, please." I was so distracted I couldn't find the bar code on my Gatorade. When it said, "I notice you're wearing shorts. Nice legs!" I almost called management.
Going out grocery shopping makes me grump. I can never understand how is it that so many people have so much time to waste.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I just do a quick, "male-style," in and out at Trader Joe's. It's more fun when my neighbor kid friend joins me.
@TheHorse I am sure that it's more fun with your kid friends. I always want to do my grocery shopping as quickly as I can, but there is always someone blocking the cashier.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@LadyDuck Trader Joe's isn't so bad.
Nothing. It was an uneventful week.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Should I say I'm glad to hear that? Or was it boring?
@TheHorse - Not necessarily boring, but nothing really happened, either.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@teamfreak16 Relaxing but enjoyable is best! I had something exciting and unusual happen yesterday. I'll have to post about it.
Wouldn't a stroll around the race track make grumpy Horse feel better? Anyway, as cliche as it sounds, I have always tried my best to look for the good in all things. Plus, I don't like my self when I'm grumpy.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh, I still savor all of my "little joys" (morning cup of coffee, playing guitar, etc.). But I have a busy schedule and don't like feeling my time is being wasted. Thanks goodness for chickens.
Chickens always save the day @TheHorse !!!
Home Depot. I placed an online order two days ago, and picked it up right before they closed last night. Didn't realize at the time that they'd given me the wrong item, so I had to take it back today. The customer service associates were chatting when I walked up and took a minute to realize I was there, then the one who helped me was rude during the entire interaction. Apparently I should have gotten the voice mail they left for me telling me they couldn't find my item... and then "they" must have gone and picked the wrong thing anyway even though they weren't supposed to do that. (eyeroll) Then she just went ahead and returned the item and refunded it to my PayPal account without asking me if the item they'd given me would work in its place... which means that I have to reorder it, but it's not on sale now so I'm going to pay more. Sucks that she assumed that, I would have been fine with exchanging the item I'd purchased for the item I actually got... and in fact I'm going to go buy both it and the item I ordered at the other Home Depot store a few miles away instead. Plus I was already grumpy with them because the guy who completed my order pickup didn't even bother asking for my order confirmation, ID, none of the stuff they're supposed to verify. And I'm a total stickler for that because it's SOP where I work to make sure the person picking up items is actually the person who's supposed to be picking up those items. Although the guys at work let my husband pick up my order yesterday even though he wasn't listed as a person who could pick it up... I can forgive them, though, because we both work there and they absolutely know I don't have any problems with him picking up my stuff. Plus the only reason he wasn't named on the order was because the system wouldn't allow me to add anyone else for "security purposes."
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yikes. It seems that many workers (should I say "these days"?) don't take their jobs very seriously. I thin when you "bought" something on sale, but they screwed up, you should still get the sale price.
@TheHorse You'd think, right? If it'd happened to a customer at my store, I'd definitely make sure that happened. It actually worked out in my favor, though. I went to a thrift store a few days later and found a 3-step ladder that would work for what I needed, and it cost me less than a third of the sale price I'd originally paid.
My desk chair broke so now I'm sitting on a folding chair which is VERY uncomfortable. Its hard and too low. Other than that nothing worth complaining about even though I probably could go on and on. Guess you stirred up the hornets (or grumpy) nest
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh, my new desk chair at work has these "swively" arms that won't stay put. I think I'm going to go into a rage again.
@sugartoes (39235)
• Greencastle, Indiana
then we need to get together cause I'm in a SUPER bad mood. this may LOOK like a thumbs up but it's really me pounding my fist.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I like it. I'll bring the (single malt) Scotch.
@KristenH (23301)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
One, my computer, namely Open Office. Second, my cat who woke me up at 2:30 AM last Wednesday. No problem.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Isn't that what cats are supposed to do? Cats rule the human world.
@KristenH (23301)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@TheHorse I guess so.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@KristenH I talk to cats. I know their plans. When I get them purring, they tell me everything.
@TheSojourner (17488)
PowerPoint Hell. YUCK. I had to deliver training for 3-day workshops and they had a pre-made PP. I used to start my 3-days with a question: How many of you LOVE PowerPoint presentations that go on forever with 168 slides I have to go through? Of course, I would raise my hand and watch those who were a bit sheep-like raise their hands. I then turned off the PP, and said, we'll revisit all 168 slides before we get through all the material. I turned it on for review through sections, and if the bosses came through to observe me. LOL That's it. Just to keep me "legal"....I'd then tell the students...Okay....watch to make sure we hit them all. LOL
• Pleasant Hill, California
Sigh. How many people raised their hands?
@TheHorse More than half, most of the time.
Sounds very funny to me because I admit, I understand you. A lot. I get grumpy i think almost everyday. I really try so hard to keep my cool and be nice. But things around me aren't cooperating at all. lol. Im sorry if I laughed. Not that you are funny. But I just see myself in your situation. LOL.
• Pleasant Hill, California
How dare you laugh at my misery! Vengeance will be mine! Look for snow peas all around your house. Or green beans if it's too warm for snow peas.
@TheHorse Its going to make me more grumpy if I find beans of peas everywhere. Good thing there isnt. at least just yet! :D
• Pleasant Hill, California
@homebasedbobbie You better call in some birds to eat the seeds.
So The Horse is the kid is in a grumpy mood how do you calm the kid down?
• Pleasant Hill, California
In my experience, it depends on what they're grumpy about. Usually it involves positive attention.
@TheHorse The Horse so how do you calm down the grumpy ones?
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Hannihar I listen to them tell me why they're grumpy. Sometimes I distract them with a new project (doing a puzzle together or making a stacky tower).