When the newness wears off

It is sad but true that whenever we experience something new the excitement wears off in no time. I can write a book on the things that I have experienced in my life and the joy they game me the first time. A very flimsy example is when we got our fridge way back when we were just married. I was so excited that I would make ice candies every day. Today I have two and the only time I look at them is to to load them and offload them. The excitement I get to see the first fruit, the first flower and how the excitement wears off even when I see the trees laden year in and year out. I wonder if there is any excitement in the lives of those who have millions stacked in their bank accounts. What has been your experience?
@silvermist (20100)
@allknowing May be it is true about possessing material things.But what about watching sun rises, flowers, the sea ?
Each time a new flower blooms there is excitement. Take marigolds for example. More are blooming but the joy is not the same as when I saw the first one. Sunrises are new each time. They are never the same.
@silvermist (20100)
@allknowing I love Marigolds.I do not mind seeing the same old Marigolds again and again.
@silvermist Will not be for long but never with the same intensity as when you see it for the first time.
I would be happy with millions in my bank account but it is not going to happen.
That will be the first time for you. Anything first time will surely give excitement (lol)
Novelty wears of pretty fast. That is why I always make sure that I'm properly motivated and I have made my activities into habits.
Habits do not give excitement (lol)
@allknowing really? Well, if your habits aren't your 'passion projects', then you build the wrong habits in my opinion.
@allen0187 The newness in a project gives one happiness. My passion is gardening and it is a habit with me but only that which is new in there gives me joy.
Similar to yours. My first aeroplane flight was very exciting but now they are an ordeal to be endured.
The first time I visited a Mall in Singapore and seeing those chocolates to choose from
@allknowing That, for me, would always stay exciting.
First love comes to mind to me
Now it is taken for granted
I look daily for the beauty in life, just being alive and having what I do is something to be excited about.
Does a thing that you do daily such as brushing your teeth does that give you happiness?
@josie_ (7361)
Material things offer temporary pleasures. We get more satisfaction from things that money cannot buy, like human relationships, the results of the effort we put in our work no matter how humble or simply enjoying the beauty of creation than nature provides.
An element of newness in there is where excitement lies.
@dpk262006 (56170)
It is true that we get excited about our new thing, be it any material thing or a person or a happening. However, as we use the thing or go through the happening, the excitement goes down. Then we start looking for something new and different. It is part of life.