They lost everything in a matter of minutes !

Fire destroys all
Yesterday, April 10 was joyous for those that celebrated Passover in the Jewish culture; however right in my own complex only minutes after I left to drive only 10 minutes away to assist a catering gig for a wonderful [Jewish] family, a stand off was occurring for a guy who threatened to kill his wife and children, that guy started a fire which created a blaze which destroyed roughly 15 families homes and my faith in the Human race. The information I learned about after I returned to my building, 4 hours later was horrible. That guy molested his daughter and the mom was told, threatened to call the police on him for doing so and he presumably beat her up. She managed to break free, get her and the kids out but at the same time that guy 'snapped' and set their unit on fire. Mother nature took care of everything else with some winds that took that single flame and allowed it all the oxygen it needed and burned units to the right and left of it. Thankfully no people were 'home' at the time of the blaze, many work and some keep a property here but live elsewhere. I am glad my house was not burned and me and my close neighbors are safe, but what about those families who now have nothing because of one sadistic MF lunatic ????????????? Sorry for this highly emotional rant but this stuff has got to stop. I am very upset but not so down and out about it to not do anything and forget it happened. Instead to ease my own personal suffering, I am organizing a community drive between tomorrow and the rest of the month, providing as many clothes, blankets, toys, non-perishable food and whatever they need to a local community civic center. I hope it helps and I hope your week is going well, is it ?
This is horrible, he deserve to spend the rest of his life in jail, but this will not bring back the houses and the lost memories that has been burned with the fire. Early this morning (4 AM), an apartment in an apartment complex not far from our home as been destroyed by the fire. I suppose the guy who lived there was smoking in bed and fall asleep. He is in serious conditions at the hospital now.
were other apartments affected?
@hereandthere No, it seems that the firefighters arrived in a short time and the Swiss buildings are very solid.
Well @LadyDuck according to few sources the fire was NOT started by the accused but rather the SWAT team that came in to assist with the stand off but again I am getting very little info and have been warned to keep my nose out of it . . . In the mean time some donations have come in and I can help a little
@tzwrites (4955)
Horrible people with no sympathy or respect for life and human beings. He deserves to be in jail for a long time.
@Lupita234 well a life sentence is not our judgment call, it will be the courts decision IF all the facts point to this guy; if not then he should NOT pay for the damages to other peoples property if in fact, he did NOT set the fire . . .
That is terrible. I do not know what year Passover was, but, we celebrate freedom and people lost their homes to a maniac. I hope they put him away and that the mother and children are ok. That is terrible that all those homes were destroyed because of him. I am so sorry for all the losses the people suffered.
The debate on why and who actually started the fire @Hannihar is still being fought in the local courthouse as of yesterday . . . I mean it is important to find out and prosecute appropriately but the 17 families without homes have not been given much help since that fire broke out and to make matters worse because of that incident, current homeowners have lost all external fire protection insurance that still live here and have attached condos and will have to supply their own at phenomenal costs -- I am one of those people
@enlightenedpsych2 Erica, that is horrible. I thought the man did it because he and the woman were fighting and he just lost it? That is horrible. I remember I lived in a building that my apartment and 3 others were flooded out and I did not get much either. It is not fair and sad that was not their fault it happened and yet they still got screwed.
@Hannihar well prior to the swat team arriving and tear-gas canister throwing and forcing him out (which is what the set the fire off since he turned on the gas at the stove burners), there was a physical altercation between him and the 'wife' or GF
I am sorry to hear this. What a dreadful man this guy is. I hope he goes to prison for a long time. And good for you for helping the victims of this senseless act.
I am getting a bit of flack from our HOA, community and even some neighbors who just don't want to accept help from someone in the white culture . . . many of these families here are of African American descent and honestly believe we as whites, are against them--- I want to cure them of that false belief but it is taking a lot out of me @JudyEv
@enlightenedpsych2 It is a shame that there is still this attitude alive and well in the States - and here as well although it's the indigenous here who think the Caucasians are against them.
@JudyEv well I decided to just give up and NOT continue with assisting by donation as the two centers that were supposed to be accepting clothes and toys and blankets, directed me to two new places and people just seem to accept assistance ONLY from authority not generosity so I am done with this . . . oh well I tried
@1hopefulman (31606)
That's horrible news that 15 families lost all their precious belongings because of one lunatic.
Well @1hopefulman it MAY not be because of one single person but rather a group of imbeciles as if you read this entire thread the story deepens
@1hopefulman (31606)
@enlightenedpsych2 Sorry, I only read your post and did not read the entire thread. I will now!
@1hopefulman in reading it it may make you upset or jubilant as to what is currently still going on regarding the actual stand off and then fire
@FayeHazel (19039)
That's so sad. There is a lot of mental illness out there - and I would like to think that there will be some bright side to this, whatever that may be. At least they got away so the abuse can stop now. I hope. Kind of you to organize a drive, if I were closer I would donate
I am not saying 'mental illness' is the culprit in this case @FayeHazel what I am talking about is simple separation of power and lack of empathy or desire to find the truth and do something constructive about it.
@Lupita234 well if jealousy and misery describes a lunatic, many more people would be victims but the act of hostility only serves to weaken the bonds between people of all cultures . . .
@FayeHazel (19039)
@enlightenedpsych2 - Any updates? How did the drive go?
I hope your community organization went well. How awful. I was busy celebrating Passover myself.
So was I that day it happened as I was assisting a wonderful Jewish/Christian couple about 15 minutes from my complex but the drive for clothes, blankets and even toys and food has NOT been successful--- everyone seems so stingy and heartless @DianneN
@shivamani10 (11200)
• Hyderabad, India
A good decision to distribute the things they are in need of.
If all goes well and I can keep assisting I will even if I am being warned to stop making trouble by seeking to find out what really happened @shivamani10
@hereandthere (32474)
i really don't understand how people can do those things. i'm glad the mother and kids were able to escape. i salute your initiative.
As long as I can help in some way I feel better but the community as well as the Home Owners association feels I am asking too many questions, trying to find out the truth and should mind my own business @hereandthere
Too many of these horrible stories it seems. Reaching out to others as you are doing is something to show we are better than that!
Well, it's going much better than that. What a jerk. Hope it was worth it to him.
What an awful thing that man did - he's really lowlife, both for doing that and for molesting his daughter. Good for you for doing what you can to help.
Unfortunately the loonies are out there and when some of them snap, it causes many others to suffer. You are a blessing to those in need. They are fortunate that to have you in their community. We are muddling along. Hoping to find daycare for our granddaughter. Until then, I am home with her and enjoying the spring weather.