A Little Break from the Break

We are on Spring Break this week ! Well, the kids are on break from school . . . and for me it's a break from the usual daily routines. At least I am not yelling in the morning to wake the kids up to rush out the door to get to school on time . Anyway, it's adventure time ! So here I am now, taking a break from the break, to get a wee bit of myLot time in. I probably won't be here a lot this week, but I'll try. I was too pooped last night to even make any attempts to come here ! What are your plans for this spring week? Will you get your myLot time in?
Hope you and the kids enjoy the Spring Break! Have any plans?
Thank you! Oh gosh, we've already done quite a bit - today is another day of it - and we still have more plans for the rest of the week (I actually started writing about it but deleted it because it got too long ).
@much2say lol well fill us in whenever you get the chance! Inquiring minds want to know..lol
@Happy2BeMe Maybe I still will . . . but not today . . . we have another day of plans ahead!
Well, due to rain and gray skies for a while, would like to work in the yard, but that will not occur.
I envy you still have rain and gray skies . . . it's getting to be too warm here and will probably get hot sooner than later. We should one day make a garden so that we can work in a garden . I hope sunnier days are coming soon for you!
@RubyHawk (25105)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Lupita234 I would love sunny skies too.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Most of the schools here had their spring break last week. I don't think they had a very enjoyable break since it rained almost every day last week. When I was a kid in school I can remember it raining on several spring breaks. But for the most part I think the spring breaks for the last several years have been fairly nice.
I know some other school districts that already had theirs too. I mostly can't remember a time when we've had a wet spring break - it's usually quite summery.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@much2say Even if the schools here would have had their break this week the kid would have only gotten 1 day of sunny weather. Yesterday was a very nice sunny day without a cloud in the sky until about 6 p.m. The forecast calls for rain the rest of this week and it raining right now.
@RichardMeister I would love to have 1 day of rain here! We've been outside most of the time this week . . . and as nice as it's been, I sure wouldn't mind having a break with some showers or even a gray day. I look at the forecast, and it looks like we are consistently climbing in temps.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
Our spring break is next week, and we'll be going out of town. I probably won't get on much as I don't like to Mylot from my phone, and I'm not bringing any laptops.
Have fun on your trip! We aren't taking any "vacations" this week, but the kids and I have done so many things in and around here . . . the week isn't over yet! Today we will be doing chores for a bit . . . a big mess is what happens when we take a break from cleaning up . I don't like myLotting from the phone either (it's a pain!).
@much2say I will do it on my lunch break, and I might pop in from time to time while on vacation. Normally though I wait until I'm home from work and can use my desktop.
@katsmeow1213 I think you must be on your trip right now . . . hope you all are having a blast! Well if you can get here, that'd be cool . . . it'd be like getting a vacation postcard from you . But no worries if you are too busy having fun !
I always wondered when spring break occurred, so it's a 2 week break? See what happens when ya don't have kids?
In our school district, everyone has the same Spring Break . . . but I know other areas already had theirs. And ours is only one week. And not sure what colleges base it on.
Thanks to Mylot I know a little more about when spring break starts @much2say so for the time being I am sticking to the homefront, no sense bein on the road with all those kids that're in a hurry to do whatever it is they do.
@rebelann I assume by the end of this month, all are done with their spring break. I think our Spring will be taking a break too and heading straight for summer !
Have fun with the kids! I'm sure you're planning great things. I'm not here again much. Still settling in and busy with little time consumers!
Oh I'm sure you have stuff to do too! I gotta do some seriously cleaning for at least half the day today . . . I've let so much go this week. Too bad we cannot play ALL the time!!
@much2say Play would be great, but owning a house means something has to be done all the time. This morning the plumber is coming to check out a problem with a pipe in our basement. Never a dull minute!
@DianneN Oh yes, owning a house means you have to take care of it - no one else will do it (it's not like at the apartments where we could complain and then maintenance takes care of it). Next week we are getting insulation redone in the attic before the real summer weather hits!
I am going to do Spring cleaning. Any Spring break plans for the kids =)?
I still need to do more spring cleaning . Oh yah, we've already done so much - and today is another day of stuff - as well as the next few days. The spring cleaning will have to wait .
@much2say hehe yay going out is much more fun though :) have a good time spending with the kids!!
@infatuatedbby I think we will do a half day of something today. This house has become a mess . . . I will make them do chores for a bit this morning . Can't play all the time, right?
Here kids don't have Spring Break.I don't think you can take a little break during Spring Break ,because you have to arrange your hours round kids all day and have less time to yourself,though needn't get up early.
Honestly, I think there are too many vacation days from school here. But I do enjoy having the kids home so we can fun activities. However today I am only doing a half day . . . the house has become a big mess - and we really need to take the time to do chores today. Tomorrow we will be out again!
@much2say Having kids around,the house comes alive,though busier than usual.I find out that kids there have less homework to do.
@changjiangzhibin89 Oh yes, we were definitely more busier than usual! The kids did not have any homework during this break - they rarely have homework on days off.
Enjoy your time with the kids. Hope you have a lot of fun together.
We are having a lot of fun! But today will be chore day (at least a half of it).
@much2say Those darn chores spoil everything don't they?
@JudyEv They sure do! And now that spring break is over, I'm doing more chores !
@Shellyann36 (9513)
We are cleaning and decorating the house for Easter and of course I have to go grocery shopping and then cook.
Speaking of cleaning, that is what we will have to day for at least part of the day today! We are getting together with family on Easter for lunch. Enjoy your Easter!!
@much2say I hope you enjoyed your Easter as well.
@Shellyann36 Hard to believe it came and went . . . after all the preparations! Now it's clean up time for me!
We have no more kids at home anymore. But next month my youngest two sons will be back from Europe and will be here for a week. I can hardly wait.
Oh, do you have any plans for that week with your sons? That's something wonderful to look forward to!
@much2say None yet.
@jstory07 In any case I know you will enjoy your time together with your sons!
@RubyHawk (25105)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm not doing anything special that I know of right now. Enjoy your kids while you can.
We had a very special week . . . but now it's time for me to do all the clean up while the kids are back in school!
@RubyHawk (25105)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@much2say Glad you had a special week with your kids. They grow up fast.
I have nothing planned for this Easter week, it's a very common week for me.
Ah, but at least you will be enjoying some Easter chocolates this week .
@much2say Nothing until Saturday, tomorrow will be a fish only day and no desserts.
I will. But I'm hoping to get a lot of bike riding in.
I hope the weather is on your side so you can get that bike riding in!
@much2say - Me too.
@bunnybon7 (36460)
• Holiday, Florida
lol. i always do as i am too old to do otherwise dear. i do miss those days of playing with my babies/kids though
I will say it's gotten a lot easier now that the kids will play with each other and other kids . . . now mom hangs back a lot and let them do their own thing .
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
Have some nice time with the kids. In my part of the world we will soon be in winter. Enjoying the last days of summer. We will be going to the beach during the weekend i guess
Ah, so you have cooler days coming ahead . . . so enjoy summer while it is still around! We are thinking we might go to the beach during the weekend, but not for sure.
There is nothing like spring springing here. It's all a mixture.
Our spring is gradually turning into summer already . . . some rain would be nice but doubtful that it is coming - that would make it a good mix!
@sishy7 (27647)
It's school break down here too... I will get my myLot time as usual I suppose... Enjoy your Spring Break!
Thanks @sishy7 ! How is the season/weather out there these days? It's supposed to be like high 70s . . . but it seems higher than that. In any case, it's perfect weather for spring break . . . so the kids and I are out and about!
@sishy7 (27647)
@much2say It's been nice this week, about the same as yours - high 70s or low 80s... Where are you guys going? What kind of adventures are you going to do this Spring Break? Whatever it is, have lots of fun, okay?!
@sishy7 We're not going on a "trip", but the kids and I have gone to various places - out all day! I'll have to write another post on it perhaps . Lots of fun, but so much as been let go here . . . we really need to do some cleaning here before we do anything today. Why can't the cleaning gremlins do some work while we are out?
@MarymargII (9737)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, with all the extra things to do with the kids- the Parents need their own Spring break!
Oh yes, wouldn't that be great! A spring break for parents - that lasts all season long!
• Toronto, Ontario
@much2say ha ha! That could be a very popular holiday!
@MarymargII A break for EVERY season would be good too!
I will be popping in and out enjoy the time with your children.
This week I'm just popping in and out too . . . there's never enough time to fit everything in!!
@much2say I know. oh what fun it is to juggle our time
@Tampa_girl7 It sure is a juggle!