Home health care

@Trensue (5247)
Since my brother's accident our house is filled with some home health care people. I appreciate that there is a service, and yet I am confused about how often we need them and what they do. The nurse checks his vitals, which I have do and chart as well. She has examined the surgery site once, which I do not do. Physical therapy watches him use the walker, which I have to do and fill out reports. They take his vitals. Occupational therapy set up the tools and then just comes back and says "how's it going and takes his vitals. I appreciate the service and yet I am not certain what we need. Anyone have advice (not medical) just some experience with this?
@trensue My mom was on home hospice, and she had nurses come, people, to take her blood. I was just as confused as you.
@Trensue (5247)
We had my sister in law on hospice. They did help bath her if we asked. But as far as my brother, I can take his vitals if that is all they do. I could even call them in. I am beginning to think it is just another way to collect money from the ill.
@Marty1 Yes, I am afraid that lots of those "companies" care more about making more "hours work" so they can stay in business.
@marlina How horrible that is to do to sick people and their families.
When they came to help us with my mama it wasn't as helpful as I thought it would be, but it was good to have them there to ask questions.
@Trensue (5247)
I guess. I can call the nurse at the office though. I think my brother may ask them to stop coming at all.
Maybe you should check wit his doctor. He can tell you more. The health care team might just be there for their own benefit " salary".
@Trensue (5247)
He has a doctor's appointment Thursday, but I have to work. My sister will be taking him. I will have a list of questions ready. Thanks for that suggestion @marlina
@Trensue You are welcome!
I had all those people coming to the house when my mom came home from being in a rehabilitation facility after her surgery. The nurse, the physical therapist and the occupational therapist. It was like a revolving door but she got better so I guess they know what they're doing.
What is his injury if I may ask? If it is physical. Physiotherapy service is essential to attain the highest functional level.