Is It About Time To Have Military Action Against North Korea?

Guam
The recent deployment of the USS Carl Vinson together with its battleship escort to the Korean Peninsula is a strong signal to North Korea that any further missile test on its part will not be tolerated. For quite a long time now, North Korea is disregarding international condemnation regarding its series of missile test to advance the development of its nuclear weapons program. Just like in Syria in connection with the chemical attack incident, the United States has responded with military action. Is it possible that North Korea is now the subject of future military strikes or action by the United States if and when it continue with its missile test?
• Preston, England
Trump is a little too trigger happy to have him playing such dangerous tactics - we should wait
• Guam
@arthurchapell Yes you are right my friend, let us wait and see. With the things going on in Syria and North Korea, I hope we are not on the brink of World War III, although I don't want to sound as an alarmist.
• Preston, England
@megatron777 it is scary to think what could happen
That's true, he does seem very trigger-happy. I do think it's high time that spoiled brat gets faced with some military action, at least a show of force to maybe deter him a little. I'm more worried about the Syrian situation, which could very quickly escalate to WWIII.
You know what irony would be? A nuclear strike to stop North Korea from pursuing nuclear technology.
• Guam
@JolietJake Yes indeed, very ironic! Figthing nuclear with nuclear.
I do not want war.We gone through with this in the fifties.But something needs to be done.Action.Yes
• Guam
Are you talking about the Korean War in the 50's?
@megatron777 yes,I was drafted in the Army during the conflict.
@Lupita234 thank you
@FayeHazel (17093)
I have to admit that I didn't know of any of these goings on, I hope a peaceful resolve is found
• Guam
@FayeHazel Hopefully a diplomatic solution will be explore by all the party.
@scheng1 (24807)
North Korea will continue with nuclear testing. That is a certainty. US should just leave the matter to China. Only China can do something to North Korea. For one thing, North Korea buys oil from China. If ever China cuts off the oil supply, North Korea cannot get on with nuclear testing. Their army trucks cannot move. Their cars cannot move. Their generators cannot produce electricity. The way US does things is to provoke North Korea, and that is not very smart. China controls the survival of North Korea, and China has a lot at stake if ever North Korea starts a war with South Korea and Japan.
• Guam
@scheng1 Good insight my friend.
@boiboing (12198)
• Northampton, England
So much for Donald's determination to not get involved in foreign 'stuff'.
• Guam
@boiboing Mr. Trump is going overseas now!
@connierebel (1571)
I don't think we have much to fear from that little spoiled punk Kim Jung whatever-his-name-is. His nuclear weapons can't reach us, and we could take out the his entire supply before he even knew what hit him. The only thing I'd be worried about is China siding with N. Korea. If that happened, we'd be sunk, since almost all our stuff is made over there! And if Russia got in the war on China's side, it would definitely be WWIII, and we'd be on the losing side for sure. I'm more worried about Syria, because any action there is bound to have repercussions with Russia, and I DON'T want a nuclear war with Russia! I'm very disappointed in Trump, because I thought for sure that was the one thing he WOULDN'T do, as he was always opposed to Obama's interference in Syria. Hillary was openly advocating provoking Russia, but I was hoping Trump would have more sense than that.
• Guam
I agree with you my friend.
@dragon54u (31605)
I don't know if that would be a good idea. If we take on North Korea the Chinese will side with them and Russia will probably join them. Somebody, probably Kim Jung Crazy, will push the button and irradiate a horribly large area resulting in loss of humans, animals, plants, fish, etc. Not a good idea at all. But I don't have any alternate suggestions.
• Guam
@dragon54u Very good thinking. It's so tricky situation strategically and tactically speaking.
I do not think North Korea will stop testing their missiles.