A Scary Day

Green Bay, Wisconsin
But it turned out okay. I've been busy working on my book. I won't be done before Easter, but probably the day after. I needed some facts from book three for Freedom's Cry, and I couldn't find the manuscript anywhere on my hard drive. I didn't have it. I thought Stowaway was completely lost to me. I only had an early version of it, not the published manuscript. I was talking with my friend from Writer's Guild when I remembered I had a couple disks from the crashed hard drive. I searched and found them. My sister-in-law's father is a wiz at computers and was able to take all the files off the hard drive and copy them to a couple disks. Inserting one disk, I found the missing manuscript. Panic over. Information found. Before I found it, I did go to CreateSpace and ordered a copy of the book, so I will have a copy of all three of my books now. I really needed it in my hands in that moment. My moment of virtual heart attack and sheer panic is over. I'm breathing easier once again. Have you lost something you couldn't retrieve, or thought you couldn't? It's getting late and I have been on the computer all day, so I am going to shut everything down and try to interact with you all tomorrow. Thanks for reading.
Glad you found what you need. Good thing to note that this hasn't happened to me yet and hopefully it doesn't happen to me at all.
I hope it doesn't either. The first time my computer crashed, many years ago, I didn't know you could still retrieve the files from the hard drive. Now I back them up and back up the back ups. I didn't realize when I was searching for them yesterday that I hadn't uploaded the disks to my new computer. It was a relief to find them and now that manuscript is uploaded to the computer. Safe and sound.
@SAM774 (3734)
i can feel you ... it do happens to me some time aswell
I'm sorry it has happened to you. I hope you were able to find your lost items.
@SAM774 (3734)
@just4him yeah....but I always mess up atlast
I am glad you found the missing manuscript. I hope you have a nice Easter.
Thank you. I hope you also have a wonderful and joyful Easter.
What a relief for you! Glad you were able to retrieve everything. I'm surprised you didn't have paper copies of all your books.
When I published Stowaway I didn't have the funds to purchase a copy, so I never did. Now that it will be going into second edition along with Manifest Destiny, I will have both of those copies. They will also have a registered copyright on them. They are both copyrighted with CreateSpace, but not with the US government. I don't understand that, but I'll have it all proper when both those books are in second edition. I have the registration for Scarred from the Copyright office. I have copies of both Scarred and Manifest Destiny. Just not Stowaway, but I will in a couple weeks.
@just4him I'm surprised the publisher doesn't give you a free copy. Then again, what do I know? Lol!
@DianneN They don't. But I do get the discounted price as the author, so there is that advantage.
hehehe, sorry, but the thought of you not having copies of your books made me giggle! Either way, I am glad you got what you needed!
Too scary for me to think about, especially with all the different back ups I have on everything else and to find that one missing almost made my heart stop. I'll have a copy of Stowaway by the weekend.
@Jessicalynnt I've never used it. I don't know anything about it. Is it hard?
Oh my goodness, I can imagine your panic. Last week I updated something on my computer and when I rebooted for two times I got the message that there was no hard disk inside. I panicked at first, but taking a moment to calm down, I searched the BIOS settings and I was back in business.
That would be scary. I'm glad you got everything sorted out and you were back in business.
@just4him For a moment I thought that the updates had ruined my hard disk, I was really scared.
@LadyDuck That would scare me as well if the updates did that. I'm glad that wasn't the case.
@JustBhem (37012)
• Davao, Philippines
Have a good night.
Thank you. I did have a wonderful night's sleep.
@JustBhem (37012)
• Davao, Philippines
@just4him It's time to mylot.
@JustBhem Yes it is!
It happens to me more frequently in dreams - I don't know why.
At least it's a dream and not something tangible you lost and couldn't retrieve.
@reskyyandi (3690)
Glad you had found it
Thank you. So am I.
This is a terrible feeling. From time to time I thought I'd lost something important but invariably it turns up eventually. I'm glad you were able to get the information back.
Thank you. I was in a real panic about it, and am so glad I still have it.
It's a terrible feeling to lose something dear to us. So glad that it ended well for you.
Thank you. So am I.