Not How I Expected to Spend Tonight!

@bagarad (12133)
Paso Robles, California
I spent most of today going through Hubby's files and sorting until I could find the data I needed easily. Then I gave the rest to him in a more organized form. I then broke for dinner and some TV before going back to work on data entry. I went to the computer and had entered my first bit of data when Hubby called me from the other room. "Can you bring me a nitroglycerin tablet?" He was having chest pain and although it got better, he wanted to go to the ER to get it checked out. That was about 8 PM. We got home about 1:15 AM. As I expected, they didn't find anything wrong. This was after a chest X-ray, a CAT Scan, a blood test, a urine test and some vital sign readings. Then the doctor came in to explain the pros and cons of sending Hubby home as opposed to keeping him overnight. Kosta opted to come home. As he was waiting for the nurse to unhook him, another woman wheeled an ultrasound machine in and said she needed to do an ultrasound of his liver and gall bladder. I told her the doctor had just said he could get dressed and go home, but she said she was supposed to do the ultrasound first and showed me the order. So she proceeded and I watched. After about twenty minutes of this, someone came in from the hall and called her away saying she was needed elsewhere. My husband needed to use the restroom, so I went out and saw her at the nurse's station with the nurse, the doctor, and some others. I said Kosta needed to use the restroom. Then everyone told me the doctor hadn't needed the ultrasound after all and they wouldn't charge us for it. The nurse unhooked Kosta so he could get to the bathroom and then get dressed so we could go home. My plan was that we'd make a lot of progress on the taxes tonight. Not exactly how it turned out. When was the last time you had to quickly change your plan because your circumstances changed?
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I hope that everything is okay and nothing serious happens. Sometimes plans change unfortunately. Hopefully you can find another time to really work on your taxes.
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
He is fine this morning. I'll encourage him to stay well hydrated today. I'll start entering data again as soon as I eat breakfast.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@bagarad I'm glad that he's doing better. Keeping him hydrated is a good idea. Hopefully entering the data went well/
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
@dodo19 Not as well as I hoped. I'm still at it, and the total tax bill is much more than I expected. I'm trying to find ways to bring it down.
Oh dear me! Sometimes the fates do conspire against us don't they?
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
The clincher is that the instructions the doctor gave as we were leaving said to avoid stress and depression. While doing taxes? The best stress reliever was walking out of that hospital and back into a quiet clear night with a beautiful moon.
@bagarad They ask a lot of us sometimes, these doctors. Hope your taxes go well now.
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
@JudyEv I'm still trying to bring this unexpected total due down. There just have to be more things to deduct.
First you scream your guts out and then you spend time in the hospital all having to do with your beloved. It's time you learnt to take things in your stride.
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
Actually, I never really screamed. I just felt like it. Do you never experience stress? Do you always smile at it?
@bagarad Everyone goes through what you have gone through. I know you did not scream. I was just trying to make you feel better. Hope you have now sorted out your taxes issues.
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
@allknowing Still sorting. Not quite how I wanted to spend Easter.
@KrauseHome (35035)
Many times. Lately it always seems things never go as planned so in turn that keeps on making my life interesting.
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
Never a dull moment. I may get frustrated sometimes, but I'm never bored.
@reskyyandi (3691)
I hope everything will be okay
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
It is. Especially now that the taxes are done and mailed.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
OH my, glad to hear that he's okay and could go home. Last time I had that kind of change of plan was about two and a half months ago when I got a 10 PM phone call from my father and spent a couple of hours at the ER. Good luck getting the taxes sorted out later today.
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
I think if we both put our minds to it and stick with it, we will finish the job before tomorrow. I hope so.
I hope everything wlll be ok with his health.
@bagarad (12133)
• Paso Robles, California
I think it will. But I know we'll get a late start on taxes tomorrow because we're still up and it's after 2 AM. He needs eight or nine hours of sleep a night -- especially after a night like this one. Even I'm tired, and I'm used to getting to bed late.