Would religion last if there was no money attached to it?

Whichever religion we belong to there is the element of money attached to it. Offerings to Gods as they say do not go to Gods and we all know about it. Therefore if there was no money would religion last?
@scheng1 (24741)
yes, it will, because there is something about religion that is more powerful than money. That element is "power" or "control" over your life. Those who are religious or who are born into it definitely let religion control their lives. Think about the Muslims in certain countries. They cannot even choose to wear as and when they please. They have no control over their dressing, and behavior in public.
Faith and spirituality are different from religion. For religion to last money is needed. Apart from offerings that every religion expects to maintain their places of worship money is needed and so too to keep up with various other rituals.
@scheng1 (24741)
@allknowing The control comes first, then with the control over the followers, the money will follow. Catholic faith is losing many followers, and that leads to many churches not getting the necessary repair. Once a religion loses control over the followers, the money will dry up.
@scheng1 How can there be control without money?
@Basilo (644)
I think it will still last. Those who don't do tithing still go church. Once you believe, nothing should deter or control your belief
I am talking about organised religion as a whole. It is there because there is money in it.
@Basilo (644)
@allknowing ooh, am 50/50 here, it will depend on a number of factors according to me.the religious history of such a specific religion will play a role
@Basilo All those rituals are really not necessary. One can have faith without all that. I am one of those. I am spiritual and believe in leading a good life I do not need those rituals.
@mythociate (15963)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Yes they do go to Gods! just not the way we give the offerings ('people who get the money' are then better-able to serve the Gods).
But they do not need that much. Where does the money and offerings go.
@mythociate (15963)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
@allknowing the same place it would've gone before; but now the spenders don't have to "waste time" earning that money, and can use that time to serve their God more-fully.
How is money and religion coming together
You can tell me I am sure. Is money not needed to follow religious rituals?
@allknowing yeah its there,i feel its corruption in all the fields of life but just look in past was it then there
It's lasted this long, so I'd say yes.
But there is money attached to it
It is very hard to be organized in any way without some money for supplies etc. Money however is such a small part of religion.
There is more to collecting money than merely for organizing religion.
@Raelove (17740)
• Saco, Maine
While I agree that money has been abused by many churches, many people misunderstand its basic concept and purpose. In the Old Testament, the Israelites pleased God by offering up sacrifices in the form of animals and, in some case, grains, or whatever they had at their disposal. Money was not a common currency in those days when bartering was how most people, other than the rich, did business. How practical would it be for us today to offer God live animals as sacrifices? Currency is the obvious choice, and in many cases, it IS put to good use as it helps churches to promote his words. No, the money we donate to churches or to various causes does not go directly to God, primarily because he doesn't need it. But doing good deeds with our money is pleasing to him, until that process is corrupted by greedy humans. Organized religion would not last without money. It costs money to maintain church buildings and services the churches offer. Money itself is not the root of all evil, but how it is used is.
You do say money is misused by churches and it continues. If there is no money there will be no organised religion which is actually not required for having faith in God.
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
Financial gain has been at the heart of religion for centuries.
It has gone too far and there is nothing we can do about bringing the faithful back to faith and spirituality which has nothing to do with money.
It would be good if the money we offered is used to do some welfare activity of the poor. Like providing food, shelter education etc.
@ShifaLk (8581)
But then how can we send to GOD?
@crossbones27 (22335)
• Redlands, California
Great question, I do not think. Money keeps money saves it, my opinion.