My Handwriting is Atrocious

I've noticed that my handwriting is getting worse and worse. Is it because I hardly do any serious writing anymore and most everything is done on the computer or is it just part of aging? This week I was writing out some Easter cards to send to various relatives and friends I don't see very often and I realized that just trying to write a short little note on the card was almost illegible. My once beautiful penmanship is now looking more like scribble. I'm attributing it more to using the computer for my failing penmanship and not old age. My two aunts are in their 80's and still write beautifully. I guess I should practice my penmanship so that it doesn't look like a doctors chicken scratch How about you? is your handwriting legible?
Mine is very nice. Don't forget, I used to teach manuscript and cursive in school.
Identical, here too.
@LadyDuck LOL!!!!!!!! Talk soon, twin sis!
I still write letters but my hand writing starts out pretty and gets wort the longer the letter.
I know exactly what you mean
I can relate. I can start out clean writing and it gets awful the longer i write. ha ha ha ha
Mine used to be great, now even I can't read my signature
You sure it's your handwriting that got worse or could it be your eyesight?
@toniganzon A bit of both....but my handwriting sucks
@nanette64 (13126)
• Fairfield, Texas
I use to be just like you @Marilynda1225 . Beautiful, cursive writing. Now, doctors would be jealous. Talk about chicken-scratching; oh yeah. One things for sure though, frauds and scammers would never be able to duplicate it.
At least bad handwriting keeps the scammers away
@nanette64 (13126)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Marilynda1225 Exactly. If I can't read it; they sure can't.
Yes, my handwriting is legible, I have always liked to use a pen and paper to write, I even took Calligraphy classes, that helped a lot.
I had a friend who did Calligraphy and it was beautiful. She did all the invitations for me when my daughter got married
@Marilynda1225 I have worked for a few months in the college where I had my degrees. I had to write all the end of the year Diploma, they looked great.
I've found the same thing. I suppose the old adage is true - 'use it or lose it'.
True! I don't use it so I'm losing it
When I was young, my sisters would tell me i got the most terrible handwriting there is. So as i was getting older i tried to improve them. I write almost every single day in my journal and I think i'm still trying to improve my handwriting. Here's what it looks like.
Good handwriting.Looks beautiful~
@Janice2017 practice makes perfect they say.
@toniganzon Yeah,sometimes I just can't keep on.That's too bad.As they also say constant grinding can turn an iron rod into a needle.Glad you done that.
@CRK109 (14365)
Nope, I'm the same as you. My penmanship used to be so lovely and it's horrible now. The only time I really write is when I send thank you notes to people who buy from me on ebay, so I've been practicing to see if I can get better. And slowly my hand is beginning to form those letters a little better! And yes, I blame the internet for it all! lol
It's nice that you send hand written thank you notes to people who buy from you on Ebay. It's just so much easier to type everything and faster too.
@CRK109 (14365)
@Marilynda1225 One of my customers told me that one of the reasons she keeps buying from me is my thank you notes. I just don't like sending their item all alone with nothing else, and that came to mind. So between that and writing my rent check every month (they insist on a paper check), I'm trying to get my handwriting back. Just to say I did it! lol
@Blondie2222 (17638)
Mine is not that great either and I write all the time at work. Some people have great hand writing and others do not.
I used to but I guess since I use the computer so much the need for writing isn't never as much
@Blondie2222 (17638)
@Marilynda1225 True. If it wasn't for work I wouldn't write much either.
@Gillygirl (15292)
• Sutton, England
It is sloppier as I don't write so much either. Recently I've made an effort to tidy it up.
I need to practice and hopefully regain my pretty legible handwriting
@Gillygirl (15292)
• Sutton, England
@Marilynda1225 It does come back with practice.
My handwriting can get sloppy, but when I take my time it is my usual, and I have always received compliments on my handwriting.
Doesn't it make you feel good when you get compliments on your handwriting
@Marilynda1225 Yes it does.
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
Mine still looks the same although it was never great but one could read it, I prefer to print.
Printing is popular now. My grandkids aren't even being taught cursive writing in school and can't read anything that is written in script form
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
@Marilynda1225 They are taking the cursive writing out of many schools these days. So what they only teach them how to sign their name and that's it. I don't understand that.
I have a great signature as I sign passes for the kids a dozen times a day. Otherwise I print on the board.
Does your school teach children to write in cursive? They don't teach that here so my grandchildren all print everything
@Marilynda1225 I'm in a high school
@hostessman (6922)
• Tucson, Arizona
my hand writeing is terrible so i print and you can't read that either
That's pretty bad if your printing isn't legible
My handwriting always got compliments before. Now, due to arthritis in my fingers it is a totally different story.
My poor Aunt has terrible arthritis in her fingers and can barely write. I hope your arthritis isn't quite that bad
The only time I handwrite is a signature and it has evolved into a jumble.
Me too especially signing those machines for purchases
@1creekgirl (8339)
I've noticed the same thing and I do believe it's from lack of practice. Our grandson isn't being taught to write in cursive in school.
Kids here don't learn cursive anymore. Its such a shame but your grandson is lucky he's learning it
Mine isn't good either. So now I just mostly print.
Printing is very popular since they don't seem to be teaching cursive writing in schools anymore
@Morleyhunt (15947)
If I'm in a hurry my handwriting is a scrawl. If I take my time I have very nice penmanship.
Mine would probably be neater if I took my time to write.
Mine is terrible too now. I keep leaving out letters then having to try to squash them in. I have seriously thought about 'practising' my writing too.
I find it very difficult writing certain words and letters. Otherwise it's not too bad