A Champion?

Boise, Idaho
When I was young I wanted to find a man that would answer all my romantic needs. A champion. A prince. A wonder man. I married a junky. My daughter's father was a loser. Then I married one to help him. Got him to get his GED and get into art. He got out of prison and first thing he did was write some bad checks for money. I divorced him. Then I married a man that had a very outlandish personality. He could sell you anything. He taught me a lot about life. The last one was a lot like myself. A bohemian and a rube. He turned out to like drugs better than he did me. So, do we all just finally settle or, do we remain single until our champion comes along? I refuse to try again. Scared of what I might find.
@Freelanzer (5096)
I wasn't looking for prince charming when I met my husband. I however knew that he was the one and 30 years later he still is. Hope you find true love one day - its never too late
I did find it. It just wasn't right.
• Portland, Connecticut
I married my prince at 18 and have been married to him ever since. I know I was lucky and I thank God every day.
That is so great.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Your adventures sound a bit similar to mine ...all duds and one that was lethally dangerous. I have no interest in this aspect of my life.
I'm sorry to hear that. I have left this aspect of my life behind.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@celticeagle Yes with the way our lives are Celtic, we certainly don't have an option.
@TiarasOceanView .....No, we don't. I wouldn't bring a man into this.
I think the issue is we gotta be our own champions, and then if someone who is worth of sharing the weight comes along, so be it, if not, well we have ourselves
I meant in a more romantic way.
OH this is good for me let's get it on. I found my champion and I am loving it. What I love the most is that he is a loner. He needs and I mean needs his space. He will call me and talk to me for hours. then I won't hear from him for a week. Then the phone will ring he is on his way to see me. He is very shy with words though. Just recently he tol me he misses me. He made it clear he does not want an open relationship. And no titles just one on one. Well, I am living it up right now. I won't break free from him unless he chooses it. My husband was a loser. I thought I could change him from loving the streets. It was not helping. I soon found him to be the dog I thought he was and bounced. I am not looking for anything out there. Manors and respect are hard to find. My male friends know how to find me.
I think that thinking you can change someone is a big mistake. I did that too and it ended badly. You need to be happy with who they are from the beginning.