Thickening paint

So while I was outside I decided to paint a plant stand I have that had some rust on it. I used sandpaper to get off as much rust as I could. I had some white paint, that was actually interior white paint but it was all I had. I stirred it for quite awhile I thought,,and then begin painting. The paint was a bit too runny, so I stirred it some more,,,still runny. I was reading online they said leaving it open will help just check it once an hour, then I read something saying if you are in a hurry use cornstarch or flour..? Huh? have you ever had to thicken latex paint?
@sallypup (29276)
• Moses Lake, Washington
No I've not messed with paint like that. For an outdoor project like you are describing I would have grabbed a can of spray paint.
Hmm I guess I could look for some.
@sallypup (29276)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@snowy22315 I plan to grab a can of red spray paint in a few weeks cause I need to smarten up a plastic love seat and red sounds like an eye popping idea.
Well, I do know that the interior latex paint will not stay on the metal if it is subjected to the outdoors. Actually, an enamel paint is what you need for metal. I have never used cornstarch or flour to thicken interior paint.
Oh hmm I didn't.t know that. The plat stand probably shouldn't,t be outside in the first place but I don't need it in here.
You should have use spray paint there.Much easier.If you have a wire brush .Wire brush is the best for this.I done this many times.