Guess Tpday Can Be Dilabetes Awareness Day

Garden Grove, California
I am a volunteer Diabetes advocate so its time I did my job.So many goodies assail us diabetics around Easter such as peeps and candy Easter Eggs of all descriptions,Remember tight control of our blood sugar leaves us feeling great and stuffing down chocolate east eggs by the handfuls is not all that smart.. Real Easter eggs peel and eat better f or you than the sugar laden ones. Get some real dark chocolate and enjoy it for the health benefit so t go easy on sugary treats.Remember lots of fruits and veggies are best for you and pick out your favorites for Easter Sunday Have a happy Easter and be healthy and i n control. Your glucometer is really a best friend so do not be afraid to check your blood sugar n each day.. One original post and graphic by P Hatley copyrighted 2017
@Hate2Iron (8022)
Couldn't agree more with you. I have two days a week where I can consume a LITTLE BIT OF SUGAR. The rest of the week... none. Today, I had one little Easter Egg. At the rate that I am going, that bag should last a good couple of months lol!
thats a smart way of doing really like tjat idea I did that with a big chocolate Easter bu nny I won a little bit I made that thing last for a long while as it was not sugar free lol
• Rochester, New York
This is a good post! Thank you for the advice.
If I can just help a few people to keep their blood sugar down I will feel like I did help
@sallypup (28617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I made my own chocolate treats today: cocoa, dates, almonds and almond flour. Rolled the paste goo in unsweetened coconut. Fantastic!!!
my mom used to makle that to amd I did a few times b ut still those fruits have a lot of sugar in them so Im not sure diabetic could handle that natural or not if a natural product has too much sugar we still get high blood sugar
dates are very high ib sugar and I cannot eat them it gets me high blood sugar every time
@sallypup (28617)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Hatley I used 5 dates and made about 15 truffles. I don't think each one had that much date in it. And its high protein with all the almonds in it. My hubby is diabetic but I think the whole grain carbs and beans for protein keep his blood sugar calmed down and steady.
@dfollin (12768)
Great post. And I had a good Easter and I hope you did too!
glad you had a great Easter as I did too and now read for bed good night
@dfollin (12768)
@Hatley Thanks, great for you too and good night!
Sounds good to me. Happy Easter.
Happy Easter celticeagle thanks I like to try to live up to my promise e to aide others like myself its a great volunteer job
@Hatley ......Yes, I have read several of your pieces on the subject. Good work.
I hope if anyone is a diabetic they do not eat to much of what they are not suppose to eat.
me too as there are so many foods we can eat tha are natually sweet but not over so so we c an handle that.
Wise advice
thank s just hope I can help someone